Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

AVSIM Announces Social!

The Board of Directors of AVSIM earlier this year decided not to have a 2008 simming convention due to the decaying economy and an anticipated reluctance to travel. But, that doesn't mean we are not going to have a "get together" this year. The AVSIM Board is pleased to announce our end of summer board meeting and our Saturday Night Social! On Saturday, September 6th, 2008, the AVSIM Board of Directors will hold its annual board meeting at the Hilton Hotel at Dulles airport. That evening, we will have our traditional social gathering of sim enthusiasts in the Cardinal Lounge, within the Hilton Hotel. We invite all simmers in the DC area, or from wherever, to meet your fellow enthusiasts and the AVSIM staff and to share the evening together! As with every AVSIM Social, we anticipate that there will be give-aways, fun to be had by all, and an opportunity for you to give us your suggestions on AVSIM's future direction. If you are in the area or visiting the Washington D.C. area, we invite you to attend! We will be posting more news on the event and details of the Saturday night social as we get closer to the date. Plan on being there!

Hi Tom_I'll be there. Just booked my room at the Dulles Hilton. Looking forward to seeing you all there. Should I bring cigars??Cheers,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest grapesh

Such a short notice! :( I wish I could make it but that's like ...tomorrow! Hope you guys have a great fun! :)Cheers!

What time will the festivities begin? See you all tomorrow,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Anytime from 6 p.m. onward Alex! We're here, Hannah and all, and looking forward to meeting all who can be make it.

Tom-Sounds great, I'll be there. 1:30pm and I'm on my way out to brave the rains of Hanna (not so bad really, having made it through Isabell!). See you soon.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

Guest firehawk44

Hope everyone had a good time! I had planned to make it but my 20 year old roof sprung a leak during Tropical Storm Hanna and I had a small mess to deal with.Best regards,Jim in Dumfries

Oh, that sounds serious. Hope it all worked out Jim. My drive from Baltimore to Dulles was nothing short of harrowing, to be sure. I passed about a dozen accidents, one quite serious, and felt my car hydro-planing across the Capitol Beltway more than once! Hana, you be-atch! But, I made it, calmed my nerves with a glassy Stoli martini at the Cardinal Lounge, freshened up in my room and returned to join the festivities.Tom Allensworth was his usual gracious self, thank you so much Tom, and it was great catching up with old acquaintances and making a few new ones. We talked about on-line ATC, FSX, keynote speakers, FSX, future meeting locations, FSX, and what we, well, AVSIM, as I am not an official board member, could do to make the next FanCon a success. I woke this morning to completely clear, calm, blue skies, and a surprisingly cool day, given a tropical storm had just ravaged the area a few hours earlier. After a quiet breakfast alone - I have little kids and get up early! - I checked out, got in my car and drove uneventfully back to Baltimore. It was as if nothing had happened the day before, except good times with good friends. Thanks All!http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD