Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

ATC window advice please

Hi GuysWhen viewed in the ATC window, ATC gives an instruction (ie turn right HDG230) and you then choose from several options usually:1) turn right HDG2302) Say againMy question is this..........is there anyway to programme/set a button on the Yolk/Joystick which will select no.1, so that you can respond to the ATC instruction by just pressing a button.Obviously I would only require this for No1 as this is the selection which basically repeats ATC's instruction.Hope you can understand what I mean.....Any Info or ideas will be much appreciactedMany thanks John

Hi John,I know exactly what you mean. I would go into the optionscontrolsbuttons and keys menu and there should be a section about radios - I apologize, I'm at work and unable to acces FS - you might wanna scroll down and look for the number 1 key listed in the keyboard commands row. Then you should be able to select it and add a controller button as you desire.Good Luck,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB SATA-3GB/S HD for O/SWD 160GB SATA 3GB/S HD for FSXWindows XP SP3 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Thanks guys,Thats a shame..........I was kinda hopin it may have been possible.Thanks for the responce though......appreciate it.Regards John

Hi Jim,Ive just got back in and replied to your post, just as you posted again.Ill check out the controls/button assignments and report backRegards John

I have had the ATC window open/close and responses 1 to 6 mapped to my throttle stick buttons for years. I have only mapped response keys 1-6 due to a button shortage and the difficulty of remembering which button is which response. However responses 1-6 serve for most of the ATC needs. I have a Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS joystick which allows one to program any keystroke onto any button.So it can be done, at least with my stick. In fact the only thing I ever use the keyboard for is to pause/unpause Flightsim and any high number ATC responses.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Me to Jim,I think if you try to Assign via FSX settings its not possible, but from what John is saying it may well be possible via the Yolks/Joystick software. Ill see if I can assign it through my Yolks software.Many ThanksJohn

Do the buttons on your stick work as a keyboard emulator and do you have a program that will show you what characters are being produced when you select a button? My stick works two ways one is when the buttons are put into Windows mode when they act as windows buttons and the other is emulation mode where the buttons send the programmed keys to the keyboard stream. In order to send any keypress (eg <1> for the first ATC response) to the PC I have to have the stick working in emulation mode so that the buttons are behaving as keyboard presses and not as windows buttons where windows would just see that BTN n is being pressed and flightsim interprets that according to its internal button mapping.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I have two saitek buttons programmed as keyboard "1" and "2" (takes care of most everything except request takeoff) via the saitek profiler. Same thing could be done with fsuipc. I actually have all my saitek buttons assigned to keyboard commands, except for main view hat. The only exception I made was for FSX I had to assign the trim up/down to buttons because the numpad 7/1 keys cause the ATC window controller text to scroll when it had focus, instead of going to the trim.scott s..

It's not something I would want to do for my own use, but you can assign a joystick button to the ATC menu item 1 selection by modifying the "standard" file using Notepad. In Vista, the file is in UserName>AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>FSX>Controls. Find the button definition, probably near the end of the list. Change the assignment to "ATC_MENU_1".ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

>Hi,>>I don't have that entry in that file.>>JimI have a CH Yoke, and the entry in the standard.xml file is as follows:CH FLIGHT SIM YOKE USB {207175D0-5973-11DC-8001-444553540000}XAxis0AXIS_AILERONS_SET6421YAxis1AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET3236ZAxis2AXIS_THROTTLE_SET1271RxAxis3AXIS_MIXTURE_SET127RyAxis4AXIS_PROPELLER_SET1270SPOILERS_TOGGLEI replaced "SPOILERS_TOGGLE" for Index 0 (button 01) with "ATC_MENU_1" and it worked. If your yoke/joystick button settings do not appear in the file, I don't have an answer.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art