Sign in to follow this  
Guest Astradan

Which one of Eaglesoft's business jet a/cs should I choose to...

If we could say, we would say...all have a 30 day refund option if disatisfied:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>If we could say, we would say...all have a 30 day refund>option if disatisfied:-)>>With such a generous policy I think I will feel safe trying the Beechjet out, thanks Ron - you just won a new customer ;)

Richard Åsberg

Thank you for your business:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Just installed it and will try it out now :) and guess there will be a couple of newbie questions but will post them in your support forum instead if I the answers are not already there.

Richard Åsberg

Please do. We prefer not to use Avsim bandwidth for our support:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I have the Citation II for FSX and couldn't be happier. Great aircraft in all respects. Dave

I flew the CII for 5 years, I can tell you that like many basic APs the 3 different planes that I flew had an IAS hold.Many simmers associate AS hold with autothrottle, I suppose because of Microsoft simplified AP model. IAS hold works like VS mode. In climb or descent you select IAS mode and it will maintain the IAS. The throttles will then control the rate of climb/descent. It's my preferred descent technique.Eaglesoft CII is a great package, however the developpers made some deviations (for the lack of another word) from the real thing, but nothing that will take away the enjoyment. The flight model is very good, it flies on the numbers just like the real thing and just as stable.Dan

>Eaglesoft CII is a great package, however the developpers made>some deviations (for the lack of another word) from the real>thing, but nothing that will take away the enjoyment. The>flight model is very good, it flies on the numbers just like>the real thing and just as stable.Since I'm the guy to built both the model and the gauge system, I will readily agree that I did exercise quite a bit of prudential judgment on just what features were feasible within the "default FS SDK," and which would have to be forgone because of the additional complications and expense involved in custom programing multiple PID controllers to authentically replicate the real AP behaviors.As a result, while I did program a VS Hold PID controller, I decided to not do so for IAS.Further, as a real life pilot of CII's you are without doubt aware that -due to its age- there are most likely no unmodified CII's currently in service. If you can find two with identical cockpits, I've yet to find 'em... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill,You are right about the different cockpits. I flew 3 different airframes and they all had diferent setups. One of them even had an avionics upgrade at the time, very nice!I understand that FS limitations are a reality. I can assure you that I like your CII very much, the little things that bother me are not even worth mentioning because you have to be a real life CII pilot to notice them and they don't change anything to the enjoyment of the plane in FS. In fact many of those little things have been "fixed" with the latest version.Thanks for your great work,Dan

Guest Pro-Sim

The CII and CJ1 (existing version, never mind the forthcoming new version) are fantastic products. Real faves in my collections. The CJ1 is so versatile - I landed it at 2U0 this evening - which is Smiths Praire, a "turf" strip, near Boise in Idaho!Lovely little aircraft that I go to again and again. The CII has better resolution gauges, and VC in general, and has the feel of a "old Jet" (Eaglesoft modelled it on a 1985 Citation II). It is fitted with a (superb) GPS so can be quicker to get going in.I have "outfitted" most of my Eaglesoft biz-jets with the excellent FMS gauges from Ernie Alston - www.isgsim.com .....takes them to a new level!Eaglesoft are up there with Flight 1 and RealAir as the very best in this often murky (Ariane, Captain Sim, feelThere, etc) industry!