Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Long line ups for takeoffs

Hi,I have installed 152 real airlines (top ones in the world from Wikipedia) now in main airports like KTPA or KJFK etc, I find myself with long line ups for takeoff because they make planes land and take off one the same runway or use only 1 runway at a time, or use one mainly and the second one barely. Using ADE, how can I modify the AFX file to make better use of runways?Thanks!Marc PLaval, Canada

Modify the airport if they have more than one non-parallel runway to utilize the cross wind design. Details about this are at the ADE sub-forum over at the FS Developer site.

Guest JIMJAM

I time accelerate to 8x.I am then number one for takeoff.The passengers love it!In real life I recently waited for 30 minutes in Atlanta to take off.Not weather related just that much traffic.

Yeah I landed in Atlanta in real life last Sept...wow lot's of traffic there!!! mainly Delta and Airtran.....love it!

Most major airports, and even some minor ones, already have modified afcads ready to go. Just go to the file library here at avsim, type in the ID of the airport (KORD for ex.) and see whats available.As for the long lines, it's really only temporary. What happens is when you first load all the flights try to take off at the same time or spawn to land at the same time. This is why you rarely see such long lines when you land. If you wait 20-30 minutes things will let up and become a little more realistic, not that long lines aren't realistic sometimes.

There use to be a utility for FS9 that sped up the taxi speed of AI. There is none for FSX, but I think Aismooth speeds up the taxi speed slightly. Everything helps, that and crosswind AFCADs.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest Trojan Driver

try newark some time.....2 hour taxi times gate to runway are not that rare.

4:25 From Pushback,to wheels up in a B1900 D at KLGA in 100+ heat,with a sick vapor cycle air conditioning system:-) No one wanted to go back to the gate,as it was the last flight to ACK.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

>Hi,>>I have installed 152 real airlines (top ones in the world from>Wikipedia) now in main airports like KTPA or KJFK etc, I find>myself with long line ups for takeoff because they make planes>land and take off one the same runway or use only 1 runway at>a time, or use one mainly and the second one barely. Using>ADE, how can I modify the AFX file to make better use of>runways?>>Thanks!>>Marc P>Laval, CanadaWith airports that have parallel runways like ATL, or LAX modify them to close the inner runway to landings. Keep the outer runways open to both. Then all your landings will go to the outer runway, leaving the inner runways free for takeoff. By leaving the outer runways open to both, it allows planes parked on the outer fringes of the field, usually cargo to takeoff on them so they don't have to cross the inner runway to takeoff.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d