Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Approach route

Hi,How can I modify the approach route for an airport. Example, at CYUL, most flights coming with a heading of 60, the runway almost always in use is 24 R/L. this means you go past CYUL, do a u-turn and then line-up with the runway and land. ATC directs us during descent and makes us pass close or over CYMX which is to the north west of CYUL. I want to change this to make it more real. Planes descending always pass over my house which is in Laval, close to Montreal. How can I change where ATC guides us before turning?I have added a pic showing what I mean. Current path is what is happening in FSX. Real path is what it should be.Thanks!Marc

Guest RonB49

Try this; when ATC gives you the approach vectors, click on Select a Different Approach, rather than accept the vectors that they offer. Now you should (hopefully) find an approach with an initial approach point NE of the airport. When you request that approach, then ATC will clear you to fly direct to that fix, how you get there is up to you, so you can follow the red route instead of the blue one.This will fix the problem for your plane but not for AI. As far as I know that can't be fixed.R-