Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

CS 757 Impressions....

Guest PPSFA

>I'm totally confused by your statement that the LVLD was>removed b/c of FPS issues but you think the CS757 runs great?>That right there makes me think you a) are trolling at the>request of CS or :( are just biased for whatever reason.I really dont care what you think I am, as I said before Im no fan of CS.>The LVLD from personal experience, and countless other>opinions of people who own it, is the best performing airliner>addon on the market. Actually, the Coolsky MD80 is just as>good. The CS757 was the first plane I unfortuneatly bought>when I first starting simming with FSX. It had terrible,>horrible performance. Thats been the main gripe against it>since it was released. FPS would drop to 4 and 5 at major>airports, where the LVLD would reach almost 20. Their support>forum is filled with complaints about performance.I just completed 3 days of constant flying in multiplayer flying only the 757, at all major airports, SFO, SAN, LAS, PBI, MCO, and a bunch of others. I get FPS in the 20's at all airports, so if you only gpt 4-5, it might just be your system. I see complaints here all the time, and most are from people who have system problems and have decided that its FSX instead. I have recommended many time the service from FS-GS, whether anyone uses it or not is up to them, my system rocks with this plane and its not close to high end anymore.XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optomized by www.fs-gs.com

Guest -BeNt-

Ok I'll start this with the same thing I say every time, I don't reply hardly at all in these forums. But I feel like I want to on this one. ;)First things first you can not compare the original CS 757 with the 4.0 Pro version. I have the LVL-D 767, PMDG 747, Coolsky MD-80, and the CS 757. Out of all these planes as many users I do have my favorites. If you are like me and enjoy a challenge fly the MD-80 btw. Anywho, the FMC between companies can be compared because they all work the exact same way. As a matter of fact I taught a friend to fly the CS 757 without ever stepping foot in it because I had flown the LVL-D 767. So if you can't program the FMC in the CS 757 you have got some reading to do. You do realize a complex addon like this you will either need to read the manual, several times, or have someone teach you to do it in multiplayer like I did with my friend.I agree 100% with not buying an aircraft based off of the cockpit pictures, but you can judge the quality overall of addons most of the time based off the detail in the cockpit. After all who wants to fly in a crappy looking VC? Now the NAVDATA in that plane I totally agree with you on. It sucks, everyone who flys it knows it suck, especially if you are used to the SIDs and STARs that come with the NAVDATA updates from Navigraph for the LVL-D and the PMDG amongst other planes. This is a fault with the add-on developer for not doing something different with it. Maybe they plan to sell NAVDATA themselves?? Now you try to rectify your thinking by saying maybe it's because the 757 has older fmc technology than the 767. You do realize that the entire cockpit is the same as a 767 and that the 757 was built after the 767. Of course there are some software/carrier options that differ plane to plane and company to company but if you know how to fly one you can pretty much fly them all. The FMC logic is identical for the most part from the 747-757-767 series of planes and I wouldn't doubt it if the 777 and 787 use the same thing also. Don't know for sure since I have never seen either of those planes in person.And saying that you wouldn't live with glitches in a $100 airplane is appropriate. But what airplane released doesn't have some sort of glitch people find along the way? That's what patches are for. I guess you could wait till it's all worked out but then instead of living with something non-critical that is happening to the airplane you wait until the next incarnation of FS is out and then what? Wait for them to port it over and more glitches. And then you make a comment about slowing down and doing it right like PMDG and LVL-D. Dude you do realize that when one project is going on they always have something else they are starting, patching, finishing, fine tuning, planning, talking about, writing about, or making announcements about at the same time. No developer only works on one project at a time. If they did it the way you are asking them to do and only work on one project at a time and nothing else until it is perfect then release it, with 100% perfect support etc. then nothing would ever get released, or they would be years and years apart. I love all my planes, and I do careful planning and evaluations of other users comments and suggestions before I do anything with them now. If I don't want to take the time to learn a plane I don't buy it. And that's most of the planes I get, if it isn't as real as it gets then whats the point of flying flight simulator? Anyways that's my $.02.

I would totally agree with you Mike. If just eye-candy is all you want, this CS B757 takes it. Even down to the way that the wings waggle when you run into the off-runway grass, just as you would expect them to (unfortunately all runways in FSX are perfectly flat, so there are no "bumps" on them). And I love the 3D switches and the lights in the VC, although they suck at night (gauge lighting).But try the systems and it's broken, but has enormous potential. Bruce.

Guest fsxmissionguy

>>The conspiracy theory fails there, I suggest.>Paul,Thanks for adding your insights.I'm curious, though, what you make of the comment by Mike lower in this thread, where he claims that CaptainSim is actively deleting posts critical of the aircraft from their support forums. To the extent that customers have gone to the trouble of creating a separate "non-official CS Support Forum" where they can post without fear of having their comments memory holed.Quoting Mike: "I won't rehash the dozens of inaccuracies, but check out the Unofficial CS forum here at Avsim since CS has removed all of our lists of inaccuracies that we posted. FYI, I found 14 of them just on the ground, at the gate, the first day I downloaded the CS 757."What do you make of that?

Guest BlueRidgeDx

>And why would you find it had to believe I PAID for this? I>trust my friends judgement an heck of a lot more than people>who I dont know, posting about a plane they dont have, and>maybe grinding an axe at the same time.>>I made the original post so others may benefit from it,>nothing more, use your own judgment, its YOUR money.That is probably one of the most rational and intelligent posts I've seen here in a long time.I purchased the CS 757 when the Pro Pack was first released. Unfortunately, I unknowingly bought it while the sole customer service person was on vacation, and I posted for two weeks in the forum trying to get my download links. They didn't put too much effort into delivering the product, though my money made it effortlessly into their account...but I digress.To their credit, I received a refund without having to ask for it. I can't speak to the quality of the product, since I never received the product. I own the PMDG 737/747, LDS 767, F1 ATR/MD-80, LSH MD-82, and the FT ERJ-145. I was looking forward to having a solid 757 to join the lineup.

Guest PPSFA

Final update:I looked at the CS forum, saw the problems others are having, and have NONE of them myself so I can only speak of my experiance.I have flown this for 3 days straight, over 20 hours, spent a few more reading the extensive manuals, and worked with my local FMC expert. I even got the weather radar working in multiplayer, that was pilot error not the plane. I dont doubt the problems of others, but I have to ask why. The only 'problem' I am having is the FMC database is out of date and inaccurate, but I can live with that for now. The bottom line is this plane looks and flys wonderfull for me, I can only hope others get their problems fixed.XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com

I'll just wait for the real 757 to be released. And not a CS version.:D

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I was, to be fair, looking to ensure LDS's 767 and the Super80 weren't being tarred with the same brush. It does not, of course, logically follow that if they are playing by the book for anti-piracy reasons, everyone else is.I've no reason to doubt what Mike says, and it's bad (not to say naive and silly) PR for CS in my book. There are too many other places for the problems to get voiced, to just try to silence them on one forum.This has prompted me to look back at the CS site for the first time in a few months (kudos to this thread - I've now found the 1.2 patch for the Herc!) and I see the forum looks much as it ever did. The "no tech support" banner is qualified by a "team members may drop in" and of course members are helping each other. There are a bunch of issues that I'd describe as critical of the product, and the fact they are there suggests to me there isn't a mass campaign of silencing criticism on that forum. I can't speak for the 757 forum because I don't have the product and haven't looked.Just saying it as I find it. I know from the research I did online before buying the Herc that the terms "CS" and "customer service" turned up (in the wrong way) more than I'd hoped. I'm glad it didn't put me off the purchase, and I think that's a common view amongst C130X pilots. But I fully recognise that more than a few posters over the last few years have had some real issues with CS support.Credit to them, perhaps then, that there's now a free demo for both the Herc and the 757.

Paul Skol

It isn't my system. I can fly the LVLD with UTX, GEX, FS2crew, and xgraphics into most any major airport and never drop below 20 frames a second. Maybe they've fixed the performance issues or something b/c that was the major complaint when it was first released (uncompleted as part of CS's scam block system). I assume they've finally completed the plane. The problem with CS is that despite the flooding of their forums back then about the plane being unflyable, they would delete threads and insist it's just "your system." This was before they had the locked forums. Total bs. Eventually someone figured out a way to change some gauge files that were causing a heavy frame hit. Apperently CS was too lazy to fix this themselves with some kind of patch. Theres a reason they have the reputation they do. Their customer service is arrogant, slow, and sometimes non existent. If I'm in the market for a 757, I'm waiting on the LVLD, which will no doubt be more complete, just as good visually, and not cost over 100 bucks.

So that explains why the CRT's are Inop. in the demo :-lol

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”