Sign in to follow this  
fulfern

Something worth trying to gain some fps ...

It appears that only certain building types have sizes assigned in this file.Here is a list of the types --

>It appears that only certain building types have sizes>assigned in this file.>>Here is a list of the types -->>McCrash, anything that we can/should do with this last file?Thanks,Dirk.

Guest reignman40

hmmm I wonder why my buildings have no effect with the file. Also does anyone know why when I download the attached files it says it is invalid or corrupted? Could you guys post some screenshots that are near a runway so I could go to the same airport and see If there is a difference?

>>It appears that only certain building types have sizes>>assigned in this file.>>>>Here is a list of the types -->>>>>>McCrash, anything that we can/should do with this last file?>>Thanks,>Dirk.>That text file is just to show the names of the building types.You don't use it for anything.

>hmmm I wonder why my buildings have no effect with the file.>Also does anyone know why when I download the attached files>it says it is invalid or corrupted?I just downloaded the files and had no problem.The second file is just for reference, you don't use it.The first file is the 'default.xml' file that all can try to see if it makes a difference with the frame rate.

McCrash, it does increase FPS indeed. I'll keep this modification. Besides the light increase in FPS the buildings look a little better scaled within FSX world. Thank you very much for sharing.

Guest UlfB

McCrash,I come to think about autogen and default.xml. Wouldn't it be nice if someone could build a utility, The Autogen Configurator, that made it easy to disable/enable different kind of autogen for each region. In this way dummies like me could easily reduce less important autogen and gain some fps.Ulf B

I have the ultimate dummy tweak. I disable the autogen buildings completely but leave trees on maximum. That gives me much better, fps, allows the photo textures (especially gex) to show thru which look much more real at altitude (no more sim city buildings), and leaves all the airport buildings (complexity setting turned up) so it doesn't look bare at takeoff/landing time.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest UlfB

Geofa,As you say, when using GEX or photo real textures, the autogen isn't that important. I fly a lot in Europe and I really need that GEX Europe now ;-)Ulf B

>I have the ultimate dummy tweak. I disable the autogen>buildings completely but leave trees on maximum. That gives me>much better, fps, allows the photo textures (especially gex)>to show thru which look much more real at altitude (no more>sim city buildings), and leaves all the airport buildings>(complexity setting turned up) so it doesn't look bare at>takeoff/landing time.>>Geofa>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/Geofa, how do you disable just the autogen buildings? The Autogen slider says it controls both the autogen buildings and trees.How would I eliminate the buildings and leave just the trees? Thanks...______________Efrain RuizLiveDISPATCHhttp://www.livedispatch.orgCooler Master cosmos SDFI LP UT P35 T2R (3-17-2008 BIOS) | E8400 @ 4GHz (500MHz x 8) | 2 x 2GB OCZ Flex II PC9200EVGA Nvidia GTX280Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Operating System RAID-0) | Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Flight Simulator RAID-0)Corsair CM PSU-750TX | Asus 20X DVD

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Hi Efrain-Under the "terrain" (in square brackets) heading in your fsx.cfg change to these settings:TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=0000(If you want to see all the airport buildings etc. make sure your scenery complexity slider is full right).Ulf-Nick hasn't been around here for a while-maybe he is busy granting your wish! :-)

Hi Geofa:I have read in a couple of forum threads that there may be a problem with FSX unless a minimum value of at least "10" is used on the above autogen parameters in FSX.CFG :-halo ..(Sorry... no explanation was given as to WHAT problem might result!):-roll..Thus, when I want to fly ONLY ground textures with NO autogen I use:..{TERRAIN} <-- Use 'square' brackets in the actual FSX.CFG fileTERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=10TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=10...A reportedly "safer" edited version of your settings above might be:..{TERRAIN} <-- Use 'square' brackets in the actual FSX.CFG fileTERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=10..Hope this helps! :-) GaryGB

Guest UlfB

>Ulf-Nick hasn't been around here for a while-maybe he is busy>granting your wish! :-)Yes, I've also noticed that. He is answering questions every now and then on the GEX forum, and I hope that he's busy finishing up the Europe version.I'm also looking forward to Lennart Arvidsson's supplementary textures for GEX that usually make the Scandinavian countries even better. There is a preview at his site http://www.flightsim.no/home/textureart/The site is in Swedish, but if you click the link ScanTex on top of the page you'll find some pictures.Ulf B