Sign in to follow this  
fulfern

Something worth trying to gain some fps ...

>Hi Efrain->Under the "terrain" (in square brackets) heading in your>fsx.cfg change to these settings:>TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500>TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=0000>>(If you want to see all the airport buildings etc. make sure>your scenery complexity slider is full right).>Geofa, thanks to this advice you posted about a year ago I fly FSX with GEX once in a while installed in the alternative FSX folder. Otherwise the impact on fps by GEX would be very high (much bigger than it was with GEPro). I fly mostly civil jets and for intense aircrafts I use the recent WWW commercial texture add-on and commercial LC (XClass) with some tweaks in FSX.cfg, including less trees and a little less buildings. As a result of this thread I also installed the modded default.xml and I like the result. The 2 FSX versions perform very good now on my medium to high power system (C2 E6850, 4GB RAM, GT8800). (Autogen in Europe doesn't look good though, needs something different).Thanks to all.Dirk.

Hi,I've tried to reduce to zero the buildings, by adding the two lines TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=10to the TERRAIN section of FSX.CFG, but nothing changes (I have the autogen slider to maximunm).By putting =0 instead of =10 in the BUILDING line makes no differenceAny ideas?Thanks in advanceFulvio

Guest reignman40

What service pack are you guys running? I have SP2 and Acceleration installed My original default.xml file was about 7 mb.

Hmmm, I think that if you want Geofa's tip to work, you need to rename the default.xml file to for ex. default.bak.xml (this file is in the fsx/autogen folder. Hope this helps.Greetings from EBBR,Jos

>Hmmm, I think that if you want Geofa's tip to work, you need>to rename the default.xml file to for ex. default.bak.xml>(this file is in the fsx/autogen folder. >>Hope this helps.No, you don't need to rename the default.xml.

>There is no way to upload the file. It's to big for Avsim.>I compressed it with WinRar v3.62.>However I could email the rar file.But you wrote: "I wrote a little program" LOL :-lolRob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://kewlceo.com/forums/style_emoticons/...crazy_pilot.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Hi Geof,thanks for your suggestion.What I noticed, after a bit more testing, is that the only building that seem to react to this setting are the small houses.The big ones (multistorey, multiside, with a court inside) seem not to change, by setting the MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDING... from 3000 to 10 or 0.Big mystery...RegardsFulvio

>Hi Efrain->Under the "terrain" (in square brackets) heading in your>fsx.cfg change to these settings:>TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500>TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=0000>>(If you want to see all the airport buildings etc. make sure>your scenery complexity slider is full right).>>>Ulf-Nick hasn't been around here for a while-maybe he is busy>granting your wish! :-)Thanks Geofa!______________Efrain RuizLiveDISPATCHhttp://www.livedispatch.orgCooler Master cosmos SDFI LP UT P35 T2R (3-17-2008 BIOS) | E8400 @ 4GHz (500MHz x 8) | 2 x 2GB OCZ Flex II PC9200EVGA Nvidia GTX280Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Operating System RAID-0) | Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Flight Simulator RAID-0)Corsair CM PSU-750TX | Asus 20X DVD

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Geog,I've discovered that the objects that seem not to react to MAX_AUTOGEN_..._PER_CELL are the ones described in default.xml file.I'm currently using Rhumbaflappy's reduced version of default.xml, but even with the stock file, things do not change.By renaming this file I get only standard autogen (of course) and I can control buildings and trees value in FSX.CFG.I would like to know if anyone has the same issue/feature.regardsFulvio