Sign in to follow this  
JohnE

FsX config problems

A little late to the party but...I upgraded my CPU and added Vista 64 I got FSX installed and running pretty decent but have noticed I can't make edits in the config file stick. The most annoying being the default flight, if I see Friday harbor one more time..... sometimes the edits stay in the file for a flight then it reloads the default but in game edits ie; controllers res. and graphics remain edited.I'm editing as administrator I gave everyone and their brother permission to use the file and folder and I unchecked read only for the parent directory and the config file. John

I hate the fact they got rid of the "Previous Flight" file. :(I ended up creating a file that is loaded as the default, and save to that each time before I quit the sim.Best regards,Robin.

I have a "Previous flight". I think it is due to FSUIPC which I have installed.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I can't believe I'm stuck with it more or less! Can't I just delete the flight and/or aircraft? YellowJack, is your FSUIPC registered? I own the fs9 version but never really used it too its potential...I'm so lazy!John

JohnEYou must turn off UAC(user account control) to be able to edit your cofig file. Or, open notepad first then go to the file to make your changes. Or, even easier, on the free flight page, set up your preferred flight, select SAVE in the middle of the page, give the flight a title, click the"make this the default flight" box and you are good to go. Vista takes some getting used too.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest uncyden

HI John...there is a Flight Sim X folder usually in My Documents that has individual config files for your fsx settings and these files override your main config file.Edit and save these files before you edit main config file... this may solve your problem..Dennis

Thanks Dennis! You got me looking in the right direction seems it was my TH2G config that was overriding the edit, now I can load in peace and the people of Friday harbor are safe from my verbal wrath!