Sign in to follow this  
simman

172 flight 1 plane

Shortly after takeoff at about 1000 feet my windshield turned blue and I couldn't see. The side windows are clear. This is not clouds or fog. Anybody know what could cause this? I have flown this plane a lot and this is the first time for this. DonIt just did it againgateway--dual processor pent 4 windows xp professional media edition 2.5 gig memory nvidea 6200 turbo cache

HelloYou are using a FS9 or FSX addon that is not FSX SP2 compatableit has started raining so the windows turn blue.head over to the flight1 site for a fix for this.Better still use only FSX SP2 native addons, your FSX performance will be a lot better if you stick to this rule.http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Guest reignman40

I have had this happen with some aircraft when it is raining and I have SP2 installed.

I sure thought that this plane was fsx compatible when I bought it. So you say there is a fix? I hope so. I am sure this was billed as a fsx plane by flight 1. If it isn't then I guess I have a refund coming. Thanks for your help Don

Yes thanks to maddog I found it and installed. It is fixed. Thank you very much. Don

>Yes thanks to maddog I found it and installed. It is fixed. >Thank you very much. DonThe "fix" from Flight1 simply disables VC Rain entirely by using a set of transparent bitmaps...The real "fix" is found here at avsim in the little file in the Library cleverly disguised as "vcrain.zip"... ;)http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=57104

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest reignman40

>>Yes thanks to maddog I found it and installed. It is fixed.>>>Thank you very much. Don>>The "fix" from Flight1 simply disables VC Rain entirely by>using a set of transparent bitmaps...>>The real "fix" is found here at avsim in the little file in>the Library cleverly disguised as "vcrain.zip"... ;)>>http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=57104I thought FSX didn't have VC Rain anyway. Or was that the 2D cockpit?

You will get a constant 'drip, drip, drip' of water on your left foot when it rains..... :-lol :-lol :-lolTry it. You can always back out as long as you save any file ahead of time.pjASUS P5B; C2D E6600 oc @3.346gig; nVidia 8900GTX; 2gig OCZ PC2-8000 Platinum; TripleHead2Go 3x19" VA926; Homebuilt yoke and pedals, throttle quadrant and 6-pack thrust levers + TRackIR4, VoxATC - no blurries and good for another year. . . :+

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I tried it and it broke the windshield!!:-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol Acually, the download says it is for fs9Don

I tried it, and it works."Acually, the download says it is for fs9"It maybe an FS9 mod, but you are trying to fix an FS9 ported AC. I made backup copies of the 32 texture files which the package replaces just in case I want to change them back."What will happen if I put the avsim fix on top of the flight 1 fix?"I don't think it will matter. Just make backup copies of the VCRainMoving00xx and VCRainStopped00xx texture files and copy the replacement ones into your FSX Texture folder.I tested both FSX default AC and FS9 ported AC, and there doesn't seem to be any conflict. It seems that the FSX default AC don't use these textures anyway.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

I now have it installed on top of the other and the rain effects are working---YAY YIPEE!!!!:( Also, in avsim library (where I downloaded this plane) it says the plane is for fsx and says nothing about being ported fromfs9.Don

"...it says the plane is for fsx and says nothing about being ported fromfs9."Unfortunately most of them are. In fact my best 6 payware FSX AC are all ported from FS9, very successfully I might add, so I have no complaints.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Isn't that a misrepresentation? IMO it should be stated as such, then it would be our decision whether we wanted to purchase or not. Don:-hmmm