Sign in to follow this  
Noel

The New FSX Super 80 is OUT

I did get the 767. Downloaded it but did not get a chance to sink my teeth into it yet. I do believe though that the lessons in this Super 80 which are taught while in the plane may prove more helpful for quicker learning. The 767 will just be "icing on the cake".Stan

Shareable? Don't even think about it......It's a great AC, and has some serious anti-piracy features built in. This one is like Level D with a great "on the fly" systems and procedures tutorial available. The Super MD80 Pro is worth every dime you'll pay for it, IMHO.EXCELLENT FPS and great flight dynamics too. It's pretty much everything a higher end addon should be.The bad: Some of the anti-piracy measures are tied to the guages. As a result, install can be a little buggy. It took a little reading in the forums to complete the initial install.

>Shareable? Don't even think about it......Shalomar is referring to Shared Cockpit multiplayer compatibility mate, not piracy. Like me, he's a huge multiplayer fan. ;) He wants to know if he can fly it online with a friend. Most complex aircraft sadly don't work in this mode.

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Guest Shalomar

I would have been banned a long time ago if my usual question was about how piratable a plane is. :-)If this aircraft is as compatible with shared cockpit as the steam guage was, I'll definitely buy it. I shoulda made myself clearer...Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveP.S. Hey Haldir Buddy!!!:-beerchugFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest PPSFA

Yes, 'shared' works, I only wish some other developers would follow that lead, a 757 comes to mind.XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com

Does the Super 80 require SP2? I have an aversion to SP2 and have installed and uninstalled it twice, since it adversely affects bloom on my installation. I am using SP1 and would prefer to stay there. But, it IS the higher performance heavier bird I've been waiting for.QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi|4GB Muskin Ascent 7-6-6-18 1T DDR3-1600|EVGA 8800GT|Seagate SATA 2 x 2|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro SP2|Vista 64--maybe never to be installed

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

>Does the Super 80 require SP2? I have an aversion to SP2 and>have installed and uninstalled it twice, since it adversely>affects bloom on my installation. I am using SP1 and would>prefer to stay there. But, it IS the higher performance>heavier bird I've been waiting for.>>QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi|4GB Muskin Ascent>7-6-6-18 1T DDR3-1600|EVGA 8800GT|Seagate SATA 2 x 2|Seagate>Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro SP2|Vista 64--maybe never to be>installedI asked the same question on their forum. Of course the response was being preached to about how i should install SP2 and never got an answer. Well If I wanted SP2 I would have installed it. All I asked was the system requirements/compatibility.Anyway a direct reply from the source by Espen via email was it will work on all FSX versions.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

>Anyway a direct reply from the source by Espen via email was>it will work on all FSX versions.Thanks Daveo. I wonder if anyone can say if it is a "native" SP2 addon, and therefore performs signficantly better with SP2? I understand this is a possibility when addons are designed with SP2 in mind.Just out of curiousity, what makes you steer away from SP2? It's bloom for me. I'm guessing it's an issue with my video driver, however all later video drivers beyond 169 cause audio stutters with my machine, so I'm for the moment stuck with 169. QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi|4GB Muskin Ascent 7-6-6-18 1T DDR3-1600|EVGA 8800GT|Seagate SATA 2 x 2|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro SP2|Vista 64--maybe never to be installed

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I see no performance change with the Super 80 Pro using either SP1 or SP2, so to answer your question, no, SP2 does not make it perform better ;)Of course, if your FSX installation runs better overall with SP2 installed, then I'm sure the S80Pro would follow suit.Swings and roundabouts I guess...

>Just out of curiousity, what makes you steer away from SP2? >It's bloom for me. I'm guessing it's an issue with my video>driver, however all later video drivers beyond 169 cause audio>stutters with my machine, so I'm for the moment stuck with>169. >>>QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi|4GB Muskin Ascent>7-6-6-18 1T DDR3-1600|EVGA 8800GT|Seagate SATA 2 x 2|Seagate>Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro SP2|Vista 64--maybe never to be>installedWell, I'm running SP1/WinXP SP2 on an old box. Athalon XP 2400 2ghz , 2 gig pc 3200 ram, geoforce 7600GS 512mb video. After more the a year and a half worth of tweaking and whatnot it actually runs decent i can say. ive gotten so used to flying with hiccups since FS2 from the commodore days its like normal to me. Also I have too many set up aircraft and modified panels and whatnot to go hunting around for sp2 patches and fixes for alot of them and its then having to redo panels its just not worth the time as I have a too busy home and work schedule. I can still get a real decent level-d flight so thats good enough for me. I tried SP2 and saw absolutley no difference in performance or graphics and needless to say made a mess of some aircraft I had bought also. So out it came.It runs well enough where I can enjoy it so Im leaving it alone. I leave FS9 on the machine for my son to play with. Hes 5 but has a heavy interest in Flt Sim now and he doesnt screw up my FSX setup.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

>go get it>i think you have to be a registered previous owner to get this>one now>it has an FMC and looks awsome>BoI bought it Bo. It is definitely frame rate friendly, which I'm thinking is cuz of sacrificing of some more crisp graphics. In any case, I am very familiar with PMDG's FMS, and unfortunately when I load up the MD-80 and start using the FMS I get a shut down routine and FSX closes. This happens when I initially click on the POSITION INITIALIZATION--as in as soon as I click it. Bummer! QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi|4GB Muskin Ascent 7-6-6-18 1T DDR3-1600|EVGA 8800GT|Seagate SATA 2 x 2|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro SP2|Vista 64--maybe never to be installed

Noel

Make sure you register for support on the forums http://s80.flight1.net/forums/default.asp There is an initial patch that has been released that fixes some initial problems - and if that doesnt fix your issue, there's plenty of knowlegable people there, including a couple of the developers, that should be able to help you sort it.

>Make sure you register for support on the forums>http://s80.flight1.net/forums/default.asp >There is an initial patch that has been released that fixes>some initial problems - and if that doesnt fix your issue,>there's plenty of knowlegable people there, including a couple>of the developers, that should be able to help you sort it.Thank you, yes it's resolved now, with a few others still to be fixed. It looks quite complete.

Noel

>But I want my 727!!!!>It was like Deja vu. I spent 4 minutes trying to shut up the>"Stabilisor" warning. Then 30 trying to remember hwo to turn>on the AP digits so I could see them.>The Super80 was one of the original FS9 killers that had>everybody buying more ram and upgrading.>I had no problems and this is the first airliner I have flown>in FSX in LOOOOONG time.>The performance around the major airports where these birds>like to congregate had just been to bad.>IMO FSX still has not taken the comlex airline/addon airport>throne away from FS9 but its getting there.>Thanks Flight1 for refurbishing her!>Oh and by the way. I still want my 727;-)How about trying a project like this JimJamhttp://www.airplanehome.com/BaetkeImages.html