Sign in to follow this  
remind

ORBX YMML (Melbourne) out this weekend!

55$WOW.. How does this airport compare with Aerosofts Mega airport series you get both versions, FSX and FS9 included in the single price of #30? Airports like Mega Frankfurt and Mega Heathrow etc.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>I wonder if their sales numbers will reflect this. My bet is>yes, but time will tell. Good luck.>YMML is already #4 on the sales charts at FlightSimStore.com, after less than 48 hrs, thus it does not appear to be having any affect at all.

Not particularly surprising for an Australian-oriented online shop:"The FlightSim Store was established on the 3rd of July 2006 with the aim of providing an alternative, Australian based distributor for products in the flight simulation genre. This online store offers a smooth, worry free shopping experience from start to finish."

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Not to take away from the craftsmanship which went into the product but... welcome to inflated global currency markets. Certainly your paycheck hasn't kept up with the inflation.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Bought it and spend a couple of hours (!) looking around, something i have never done in any flightsimulator starting from fs 4.0. In my opinion it's worth every penny.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

I too have been flying around Melbourne for hours in the Bell206. This airport is just incredible, especially in "poly" mode. Gone are those grey and dull runway/apron textures and replaced with 15cm scenery which looks real - and this time they really do look real. Complete with oilstains, taxyway lines, lights, landside roads with detailed crossings etc. Just brilliant ! Be warned though, you will need a good GPU with 768mb or better to get the best out of it. ORBX have set the standard again and anyone who has yet to try out their scenery AUS blue and Gold are really missing out on what FSX can be. USA will be out later on this year and then you will see what I am talking about!

>Not to take away from the craftsmanship which went into the>product but... welcome to inflated global currency markets. >Certainly your paycheck hasn't kept up with the inflation+1Yeah, the price is pretty steep, though it looks nice from the screenshotsI don't think I'd pay that much considering my textures wouldn't stay loaded (due to slower PC) so they wouldn't look as nice as the screenshots hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have a 8800 GTX card to, but have had nothing but problems with drivers 175.16 and 175.19, especially the latter, always stopped responding and nothing I did would fix problem, until I took the risk and installed July's Beta drivers and they are proving more stable the the WQ certified ones. Go figure.The 169 drivers worked fine, so card itself I reckon is fine.As for Video card, I am seriously looking at the Duel 9600 or 9800 for a new system in the next month or so. Just waiting on prices to come down a bit.

Thanks remind,I guess I'd better figure out which drivers I should use. I might start with the 169's since you say they were stable.Thanks, Bruce.

Since there is such a lack of Australian add on scenery, as an Aussie, I am happy to pay that.I've paid similar for Heathrow and other Eurpean add ons.

Well, if you paid a similar price for Heathrow (or for that matter most other European scenery packages) then you overpaid. The price for Aerosoft's Heathrow was $30USD which is a much more reasonable price.fb

>>>I wonder if their sales numbers will reflect this. My bet>is>>yes, but time will tell. Good luck.>>>>YMML is already #4 on the sales charts at FlightSimStore.com,>after less than 48 hrs, thus it does not appear to be having>any affect at all.Phil, I guess the brilliance that is YMML goes a long way to vindicate the development path you and many of your co-developers had taken a few years ago.It goes to show just how much better the FSX platform is now that hardware has caught up to the application.Cheers and all the best,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Hey when there is so little and I mean so little for us Aussies, then know I have not overpaid.Even MS themsleves up until last version or two left major cities as flat satalite images.Also happy to support Aussie designers.