Sign in to follow this  
remind

ORBX YMML (Melbourne) out this weekend!

Guest triangle

For those of you not closely following the astounding progress being made by the ORBX team on Australian landclasses and airports, head over to http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=4264.0 to take a look at the about-to-be-released YMML (Melbourne) airport.For those of us in Australia (and those interested in flying here), ORBX has blown away all competition with its incredible texture sets etc and freeware releases and YMML looks just amazing! YMML traffic is about to double!! ;-)Triangle :-)

>For those of you not closely following the astounding>progress being made by the ORBX team on Australian landclasses>and airports, head over to>http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=4264.0 to take a>look at the about-to-be-released YMML (Melbourne) airport.>>For those of us in Australia (and those interested in flying>here), ORBX has blown away all competition with its incredible>texture sets etc and freeware releases and YMML looks just>amazing! YMML traffic is about to double!! ;-)>>Triangle :-)Congrats on the upcoming release :-)Bryan

Odd, I can't see the pics in your link

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>For those of you not closely following the astounding>progress being made by the ORBX team on Australian landclasses>and airports, head over to>http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=4264.0 to take a>look at the about-to-be-released YMML (Melbourne) airport.Yup, but now even better than that, have you heard the latest? It appears that Orbx has signed a "world exclusive" with REX (Real Environment Extreme) to feature their REX Airport Environment Textures in with the YMML release for free... These guys are really unbelievable.Whoohoo, can't wait only about 2 more days if the hints are accurate...Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Well the tip was this was going to be released this weekend... Been over to the Flightsim Store a couple of times already and no joy. Any clues as to when it will be here?Thanks in advance,Chris Porter:-outta

Guest triangle

John says probably Sunday evening as he still had to write the user manual as of Saturday morning ....

Hi Triangle,A little off topic- how do you find the 8800GTX/756M card? I'm in the looking around stage for a good card? Would you buy one again?More on topic- I used to live near Melbourne and can't wwait to see this new product from Orbx. I still have family there and get down most every year, and always love YMML. :)Thanks, Bruce.

Guest triangle

It's out now at Flightsim store ... :-)The 8800GTX w/756mb is an awesome card and, yes, i would go again with this card. It is a top performer in every respect and probably the card I have been most happy with (first 3d card I owned was the original voodoo chip on a Diamond Monster 3D a long, long time ago and I have owned about a dozed different ones since then).Triangle

>Hi Triangle,>>A little off topic- how do you find the 8800GTX/756M card?>I'm in the looking around stage for a good card? Would you>buy one again?I'm not Triangle, but like him, this is probably one of the best Video cards I have ever owned... I have had it since it was first launched. The drivers were a bit dodgy then, but she sure runs sweet now.CheersChris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBCH Throttle Quadrant USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32My FSEconomy Grouphttp://www.freewebs.com/sasflying/index.htm

Well you'd better REALLY like this scenery. At a whopping $54USD it will hit your wallet like a freight train. The package is fantastic - but not that fantastic. The package compares favorably to something like FSDreamTeam's Chicago package at less than one-half the cost.You be the judge. If you're looking to "live" at the airport this scenery may be to your liking. However, in my opinion, if you're just flying to and from the airport you don't need to see this much detail.fb

Thanks Maxter and Triangle, this card looks good. Bruce.

Guest sssummer

I agree with Frank that it looks great, and I for one am starving to get some upgraded "current" airports into my FSX collection. But since its an area I normally wouldn't fly, it would definitely take a better price point to get me to bite. I wonder if their sales numbers will reflect this. My bet is yes, but time will tell. Good luck.