Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

One of the Best Flights I've Ever Had

I just finished one of the best flights I have ever done in FSX to date. I loaded up the 737-800 in (SBRF) full of fuel and souls and headed for Galeao (SBGL) and WOW what a flight! It took me along the coast all the way for some spectacular sights. I flew it using real world weather which at flight level was simply amazing using FEX. I wish GEX covered Brazil. What made it even sweeter was the decent thru the broken clouds and into light rain. My FPS stayed in the 20's the whole time. The icing on the cake was landing at SBGL 100% AI using Ultimate Traffic (I dont care what other people say I love it) and with scenery at the highest setting at dusk with the light rain was just awsome to say the least. I have done many many flights in FSX but when the weather, scenery, AI traffic all work harmoniously with good performance it is a amazing experience to enjoy.

Jim Wenham

Guest j-mo

Yep, sometimes a flight becomes extra special. It's amazing how far the sim has come.Congrats on your flight!

Yep. I just don't get how people bash FSX and say they'd rather play FS2004. Just looking at the screenshots on flightsimworld.com (they have a big user ss section), it's just so ugly. Especially the ground textures. If you can run FSX at a reasonable frame rate, it's so much better and immersive.