Sign in to follow this  
Trollius

Big thank you to Oliver for VoiceCheckList!!!!

Thank you Oliver Strauss for a fine contribution.Months (make that years) ago, I could not get FDC to work any more on my system. It was an updated old version, but I was afraid that it was my system at fault, NOT FDC. Inquiries to FDC did not help and I was afraid that their newest version might not work for me either (Possibly with no fault by FDC at all but due to some error on my end). Be assured that I in no way mean to bad mouth FDC as it is a dandy program, however, due to my current problems I opted to uninstall it and pretty well forgot voice recognition check lists.VoiceCheckList is a fine alternate as a stand alone system which can be used as far as I know with any FS version, and it is freeware thanks to Oliver's kindness. If you haven't given it a try yet, I highly recommend it. I am a little surprised that there has not been a thread or two regarding it (and yes, I may have overlooked them).The site is:http://voicechecklist.strausshome.org/Respectfully:RTH

Sounds neat, but I don't own any of those aircraft that it has soundpacks for.Can it read in a default FSX checklist and output the voice? That would be neat.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest j-mo

Thank you for this post. I'm also interested in knowing more about how it works. Does it sense when you have completed an action, or do you let it know somehow.?Could you offer some more details, please? :-)

Hi,no it can't read the default checklist. But it is very easy to create your own checklist.Oliver

Hi,no it doesn't interacting with the FS like Fs2Crew does. You have to ask for a new checklist when you think it's time to do. :)Oliver

No, it does not "sense when you have completed an action", but does sense when you give a response. For example, you can request: "Preparation Checklist" either by keyboard or by voice. The program will repeat those words ("Preparation Checklist") and then give the first item on the checklist: "Batt 1 and 2 Switch". The proper response is "on" (obviously after you have turned on the switch). Granted it does not sense that you have done so, but I cannot imagine why you sould say "on" if you had not done so yet. Then it moves on the the next item: "DC Power Bus 1 and 2". Your response is: "ON", then "Avionics Switch", same response, "Parking Brake" for what your response would be: "Set", etc. etc. These checks are for the Citation X.There is a text listing for all comm. to and from on notepad so you can read and/or learn what the proper response is.Download the file from the library, and examine the "Readme" file. If you are as dense as I am, you may have to read it a few times and experiment a bit to quite understand everything. I still do not have the "repeat" feature down pat yet but don't know if it is me, or the program. If anyone else is having trouble getting it to repeat the check, I would appreciate confirmation relative to this feature. These old ears have a little trouble understanding some of the commands (wife says I have retarded ears), but that is probably me, not the program. Of course if you "show checklists" in the text form you can read them when you hear the voice giving you the current check.This is a stand alone program and you do not have to have FS running to play with it. Download it, read the "Readme" file, and play with it for a bit. Want hurt anything (that I have found or know about), and you can make your own evaluation as to whether it is useful for your purposes. I personally am impressed with it.If you have not done so already, you do need to download and install Microsoft SpeechSDK 51.exe from Microsoft (free) if you want voice recognition, although it will work by keyboard command without it. This is a very simple installation.For voice recognition, like all such programs to my knowledge you will need to train it to your voice, but all that involves is simple repeating the applicable words into your mike with the training selection.I am just beginning with the program, but it appears to be pretty simple and very useable. Not quite as complex as FDE and probably without some of the features, but you sure can't complain about the price and I think it is a fine contribution (thanks again Oliver).I have not done so yet, but from the "Readme" if I understand correctly, you can originate your own checklists for any aircraft, and/or edit the ones already included.Respectfully:RTH

Guest j-mo

I may have to give this a try. Thanks for your post.

That's correct. As long as you stick to the syntax everything works fine.>I have not done so yet, but from the "Readme" if I understand>correctly, you can originate your own checklists for any>aircraft, and/or edit the ones already included.I'm working on V1.4 with voice commands like "Gear down", "Flaps 15". Are there any other commands you would like to have?regardsOliver

>That's correct. As long as you stick to the syntax everything>works fine.>>>I have not done so yet, but from the "Readme" if I>understand>>correctly, you can originate your own checklists for any>>aircraft, and/or edit the ones already included.>>I'm working on V1.4 with voice commands like "Gear down",>"Flaps 15". Are there any other commands you would like to>have?>>regards>OliverThank you, Oliver. I'm enjoying your useful program very much, it add's a lot to the immersion and is very helpful for more complex aircrafts. I run it on the second PC/Monitor, without using its voice recognition section. Instead on the same PC/Monitor I run Shoot voice recognition, where I assigned words like "checked", "set", "open", "close" etc. to 'arrow down' function. So when I say one of them, Shoot sends 'down arrow' keystroke to your voice checklist, which steps down to the next item in the list. I have a few other simple assignments in Shoot, that also interact with your voice checklist. The advantage of it is that Shoot always gives me 100% recognition, and the VoiceChecklist flow runs perfect with it. On a side note, I have an assignment on my throttle "Push-to-talk" button that sends the Shoot PTT toggle keystroke via WideFS server on my main MSFS PC to the Client (with VoiceChecklist and Shoot). It is very easy and convenient, when you put all bits together, and works out perfect. Thank you very much again for your program, I was looking for something like it for a long time. It's the best program after the commercial FS2Crew, and even more flexible in parts.Cheers,Dirk.

>Hi,>>no it doesn't interacting with the FS like Fs2Crew does. You>have to ask for a new checklist when you think it's time to>do. :)>>OliverThat's not altogether right. It depends on the Edition because they're all different from each other, particularly the newer versions, but generally speaking in FS2Crew you have to call for the checklist. It's not automatic.Voice Checklist is a very good program, but comparing it to FS2Crew is an apples-to-oranges thing.The focus in FS2Crew is not on the checklists per se, but rather the larger airline SOPs that the user is expected to operate in. That of course includes the checklists, though.That said, FS2Crew does more than checklists. We model the cabin, ground and company ops too as well as a FO who performs his flows like he would in the real plane at the airline we model. FS2Crew is also the only program that can have the FO interact interact in a meaningful way with more than just the default aircraft.Due to our unique system, we can have the FO manipulate the switches and buttons on the high-end 3rd party planes like the PMDG 737 and 747, which is something unique to FS2Crew.So again, Voice Checklist is good, FDC is good, the other voice checklist programs out there are good, of which there are many like FS Chatter and It's Your Plane.But at the end-of-the-day the comparisons often become apples-to-oranges. Each program has its own unique market that has its own unique tastes and preferences.FS2Crew, for example, is aimed more at the serious, hard-core type simmer. Others programs are aimed at a different audience.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan,yes I know that all, I have FS2Crew for the PMDG 737 and ATR :) and I like them. I just meant, that voieChecklist doesn't interact with the FS like FS2Crew does. You have no FO and have to do the work flow all by your self.