Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

CARENADO Releases Piper Cherokee 180F FSX

Agreed - Maybe the ones asking $50 US can justify it by the price of virtual Avgas soaring to close to $6 a gallon.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

I have felt the pain of non virtual gas with a twin at $6.00/gal.On the other hand I met a feisty airport manager in Cape Breton, NS (Port Hawkesbury) on a recent trip who managed to put it into perspective.He without prompt started on what a crock (actually he put it less politely with many four letter words) the gas prices were. He had an old timer come in complaining about how gas was 10 cents a gallon when he started flying etc.The manager asked how much he (the old timer who worked at a local lobster factory-(thought that was cool) was making at the time-turned out to be something like .80 a day.The manager pointed out the % he was paying for gas then vs. salary compared to now at the lobster factory was much better even at these high prices.He then went on a tirade about bottled water-how everyone buys bottled water that cost per gallon makes gas look like a bargain-and most often no better than the tap water out of your sink. Yet no one complains about that!In any case-wishing for lower gas prices myself (burning 28 an hour)- the perspective of this crusty airport manager was refreshing! I really enjoyed his banter!GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Strange, Carenado didn't show a 2D or a front view 3d cockpit?Hardly the way to sell a bargain imo.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I am wondering the same thing. My 180 works great in FSX, but the only thing this may provide is interior and exterior shadowing improvements, in addition to the bumb texture layer added. I also have to imagine this was turned into a true FSX model as well, thus frame rates may have been improved a bit.This has been one of my favorites over the years (although I don't fly it as much as I used to), and although it is still very good, I think the interior could be stepped-up a level ala the Mooney if this was going to be 're-released'. There is no indication that happened.This release is a bit of a surprise, but they still may get my cash so I can check out the shadow modeling.

Guest JimC1702

The very first payware plane I ever bought was the Dreamfleet Archer for FS9. That opened up a whole world of add-ons. I picked up the Carenado Cherokee tonight and it brings back many great memories of those early Archer flights.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Guest UlfB

>The very first payware plane I ever bought was the Dreamfleet>Archer for FS9. That opened up a whole world of add-ons. >>I picked up the Carenado Cherokee tonight and it brings back>many great memories of those early Archer flights.>>JimJim, I would appreciate if you could post a picture of the VC. I fly general aircraft in VC with TrackIR. Before buying the ac I would like to know if the VC is up to the FSX standars.Ulf B

Guest JimC1702

Here are some pics of the VC:http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/show...?t=75595&page=2I would say it's not of the quality of the latest and greatest payware, but for $17.00 it's adequate. JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Guest UlfB

Thanks for the link, Jim.Seems you have to be registered on that forum to be able to view the pictures. I'll fix that later.Ulf B

Agreed!I just bought it. Nice little airplane. And pretty darn accurate. I used to teach in in these little "mattress winged" Cherokees. Well worth the money. Thanks for the heads-up.Best regards,Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Definitely interesting. Be careful though as I'm sure there are economist-simmers around who might start analyzing this on some other levels...:)http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest JimC1702
http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191329.jpgJimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Guest dykesc

Is there anyway to get glideslope capability added for this plane? Just has localizer.