Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

CARENADO Releases Piper Cherokee 180F FSX

Guest Pro-Sim

From the screenshots it looks exactly like the FS9/FSX DX9 version - just a bit brighter!There's an announcement on the front page of AVSIM today, that Carenado are ONLY PRODUCING FSX DX10 addons from now on.That's right - not just FSX (which I happily use), but they are now ONLY producing for DX10 !There are a lot of people out there (I am one) who have FSX running quite well (at last) on XP, and who would not consider moving to Vista for a long time.Thus, it's a shame that Carenado are narrowing their audience to just FSX Vista / DX10 users. Seems strange as a business decision to aim for such a narrow, specific target audience.They have sais they will still sell and 'maintain' their FS2004 products.

The way I read it, they will make them DX10 compliant, thus, it is not a requirement. But I would imagine will be a requirement to obtain the cockpit shadowing. As I run XP also, I probably would not gain this benefit...right now.That said, it sounds like I might have hope to get the Mentor back for FSX SP2 in the future ;) And it also sounds like all the Cessana's will be transformed into 'true' FSX packages as well. Good news.

Dykesc-Really, no GS? That seems odd, but easy to fix:Back up the original panel.cfg file first. Then, replace the nav1 gauge in both the Carenado Cherokee main 2D panel AND the VC with a NAV1 gauge from any aircraft that has both LOC and GS, say the NAV1 gauge from the default Mooney, C172, or another payware aircraft. REPLACE ONLY THE GAUGE ENTRY, NOT THE NUMBERS THAT FOLLOW TO THE RIGHT...as these describe exactly where the gauge will appear in the various panel views. Let me know how it works.Regards,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Understand the pain..trying to fly to Canada got a taste of what it is going outside the Us.. not good for Ga for sure.With the gas $ , user fees, landing fees, non Ga friendly airports , lack of charts and all kinds of other stuff I was surprised anyone does the Ga thing in Canada. One of the airports I went to had a total of 8 aircraft based there including 3 that drove 3 hours to fly at a reduced price...nice 5000 ft. runway pretty much unused. Sad-hope we can maintain in the US...GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest UlfB

Jim,Thanks for the screenshot :-)Ulf B

>The way I read it, they will make them DX10 compliantThat's the way I read it too. All rebuild aircraft will work with DX10. That doesn't mean they will not work in DX9 :)

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Guest dykesc

Thanks Alex. I'm 1/2 owner and pilot of a Cherokee 180 of the same make and model as the Carenado. Mine has glideslope and your fix will make practice in IMC on FS more like the real thing. By the way, mine has a DME unit as well. Any way to backfit that into the Carenado?

You probably could, it depends on which instruments you may want 'over another'. Here is a shot of my 180 panel:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191345.jpgI took the liberty of placing a Reality RXP 430 into the COM/NAV #1 slot, added the RXP VOR 1 head, and an RXP ADF unit, and a RXP directional gyro with heading knob added. Below the RXP Garmin 430, I placed a Friendly Panel ADF radio, with a friendly Panel Bendix AP below that. On the right panel is a Friendly Panel Transponder. I know this may be more than most would spend on a real 180 ;), but this is FS...and you could replace the GPS with either the default COM/NAV radio, or a Friendly Panel version.Now, if you don't need the AP,you could put a DME radio within that slot, or where the transponder is, and put the transponder in the middle panel. All up to you. Now, in this FS9 ported FSX version, the area I have radios installed are the the limit. In FS9 you could fill the entire middle radio area (below where my AP is installed), and be really unrealistic, like adding dual 430's :D Not sure if what, if any, limitations may be in the new FSX dedicated model.I highly recommend Friendly Panel's for their gauge and radio packs. They just came out with replacement packs for the default FSX props, and it is well worth the money ($11 US +/-) as they make the default aircraft flyable if you require realistic radio functions. Personally I cannot not accept the limitations of the default radios, so this has made the Maule (as example) worth flying for me.

From the Panel Info.pdf that comes with the plane:"By other side on this bird you have a non typical situation ....the use of

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

"Reading manuals is part of the fun and gives a wealth of knowledge "LOLI can only imagine this concept. I have a new toy, and I start to read rather than fly.....naaahhhhh....ain't likely!Thanks for the help.B

Guest JIMJAM

"Reading manuals is part of the fun and gives a wealth of knowledge "HA Agreed!Throttle=faster,back =slowerPull back,houses get smaller.Push in,houses get bigger.Then there is the gear and flaps.Ok, I am ready!Wait, theres also the much repeated, "Not modelled" and "limitations of the simulator"The last time I printed out a manual was years ago. It was the Level D which stands for they leveled ALOT of trees to make that manual:-lol I can remember a freind was over my shoulder for a good 20 minutes and watched as I swore,fumbled through page after page,dropping paper on the floor,never once unpausing the sim.He looks at me and ask, "You have fun doing this?"And YES, I am a real world pilot 25 yrs and thats probably why I do not read the manuals,ignore the tower,pass on the taxiway and cut off 747s in my Spitfire.:-hah Reality over the virtual world is WAY over rated.

Guest GabeThePilot

>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191329.jpg>>Jim>>Dell XPS 420 >Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz>3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM>512 mb nvidia 8800GT>500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpm>Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music>22" Acer widescreen LCD>Windows Vista Home Premium>Hey guys - is this worth getting if you already have the old 'patched' version ? Is there any improvement anywhere ?Cheers

Guest GabeThePilot

>Is there anyway to get glideslope capability added for this>plane? Just has localizer.Should be easy enough with FS Panel Studio.....works okay with the Mooney....I know some have replaced the GPS with the RealityXP version...just fine...8-)Sorry - just seen post above.....if you have FSPS dropping gauges in anywhere is pretty painless....just experiment.