Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

LPMA Sitting on a protruding piece of land - HELP!

Hello Gang!Can anyone provide some guidance as to how I can solve this problem at LPMA in FSX???? The picture says it all! FSX has this airport altitude at 711 but the real LPMA only sits at 192 feet. If I open the airport using ADE and fix the alitude, a hughe hole gets created inside of that protruding piece of earth, not solving the problem.Thanks for any insight!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191305.jpg

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest jshyluk

The problem is straightforward: FSX can only depict perfectly flat runways. If there's any slope, the runway either gets placed on a plateau or in a trench.The problem also relates to terrain mesh. If there is a problem with the mesh, like the airport altitude in the database is incorrect, then you will see this problem. The fix is to use a custom-built terrain mesh, which is difficult for the average user to work with.Maybe you can find a custom mesh that fixes the area. You could try reducing your Terrain Mesh slider to zero to see what happens. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Hola Dennis,How is everything? It is not quite what Jeff suggests. In this instance, the airport is at the wrong altitude and if you want to correct the problem, 1. you will have to use ADE to make a changed airport altitude bgl, in addition to the new airport bgl, and 2. you must exclude the flatten and create a new one with the correct altitude.If you have any problems, just post in the scenery design forum, and some kind soul will be glad to help.NB: Oh, heck, it only took a minute (getting the images from Virtual Earth took more time), so here it is.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191310.ziphttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191311.jpgBy the way, it is a little tricky to make flattens too close to the water's edge - it can lead to sloping water. I haven't tried this modification at all, so please let me know if it works!Best regards.Luis

Dennis, are you sure that there is something wrong with Madeira airport? I made my modifications based on your screenshot, without even bothering to look at the default scenery.I have just looked at the modified airport and it is a mess. So, I removed my changes and the default airport seems different to me, nothing at all like yours:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191323.jpgIt needs a new land class, and it does need to be lowered, but it does not look at all like your screenshot.So, I do not recommend that you or anybody else use the files that I attached previously, as they only mess it all up.And now, the question is, why do you have something different there? What scenery have you installed that places the airport on a plateau?By the way, I just noticed that Jos

Hola Dennis, If you are still interested, the attached will lower the airport to the correct altitude, move it next to the sea, exclude the flatten, and create a new one in the right place and with the right height.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191416.zipNo custom buildings, high resolution textures, runway platform with columns - if you want that, try the PTSim or Aerosoft packages.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191417.jpgBest regards.Luis

Hello Luis how are you!You are a wonderful guy! Thanks for this!I am in Buenos aires in a business trip this week but as soon as I get back home on Friday I will give it a try. I found a file on "th eother website" that somewhat worked and that I tweaked with ADE but this looks very nice - I'll give it a try.Thanks for your willingness to help. Unfortunatley, the PTSim product is not for FSX.Keep me posted if you find anything else on LPMA for FSX.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hello Gang!Can anyone provide some guidance as to how I can solve this problem at LPMA in FSX???? The picture says it all! FSX has this airport altitude at 711 but the real LPMA only sits at 192 feet. If I open the airport using ADE and fix the alitude, a hughe hole gets created inside of that protruding piece of earth, not solving the problem.Thanks for any insight!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191305.jpg

I know this is an old thread. I have a problem with LPMA at the 23 runway end. There is terrain sticking through the runway. I have it at the correct altitude. Have you, or anyone else, fixed this problem. Regards, Bob.

Here's a picture of the 23 end of runway 23. The start-up spot has terrain problems as well as the 23 runway further down the runway. All else is correct (Rwy 5, terminal, parking spots, lighting).Bob.

post-100375-0-70548900-1386309477.jpg

Hey Bob!  It's been a long time and I have re-installed FSX at least three times since then.  I purchased the LPMA scenery addon from Aerosoft (which is awesome, by the way), and between the re-installs and the scenery addon, the issue is gone.  I did have FSGenesys installed at that time and I do not have it installed now, so not sure if you have FSG installed or not, but this may be one fo the issues.  UTX is also known for causing issues.

Hope this helps!  Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

Hi Dennis.OK. Thanks. It's Tony Agramonte's scenery of Madeira. It is not the Aerosoft one. I don't have FSGenesis, UTX or FSG installed. I came across this post when I was Googling Madeira in FSX. Thanks and best regards, Bob.