Sign in to follow this  
greeneg

Engine start time

Guest indigo_one

Hi, i dont know if this is the right place to put this, but in Fsx does anyone know where in the .air file is the bit that handles the time it takes for each engine to start?

Guest j-mo

Your _Drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesPlane_You_Want

Hi Indigo,The .air file is a bit of a black box when it comes to users making simple alterations. It's a binary file which won't lend itself to a text editing program such as Notepad. I've just been looking in the Avsim libray and I can't find a .air file editor; there may be one somewhere, but I expect that editing this file has been made difficult in order to discourage users from tampering with the low level code which defines the ACs behaviour.The aircraft.cfg file on the other hand is a simple text file which can be easily edited with Notepad. You'll want to have a look at the SDK which will be on installation disks if you have the Deluxe version, and which will show you how to alter a variety of performance parameters.I don't recall seeing a setting which alters the time it takes for the engines to start, but have a good look anyway because there's a lot of useful and interesting information there which will give you an idea of what you can do to modify your ACs behaviour. Always make backups before you hack.Mike.

Mike Beckwith