Sign in to follow this  
Guest essoblue

FSUIPC, worth the price?

Don't forget, if you don't need the extras of the payware version, the free version works just fine with every addon I've thrown at it.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

> Having the ability to have multiple .ini files and>the>plane-specific assignments is a big plus.Unfortunately the capability for multiple .ini fileswas removed in FSUIPC 4 (FSX). I sent a post to Pete's support forum and he stated he removedthe capability because he thought no one used it.It sounded like he might consider adding it back ina future version, but no promises made.scott s..

Guest paulo320

Hi,I'm thinking of getting a new computer with a configuration some what similar to yours. Just wondering how well and smooth FSX runs on yours.Here's what my budget allows for so far:Vista Home PremiumIntel E8500 @ 3.16GHzCorsair XMS2 PC6400/DDR2/800 3Gigs500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200rpm HDDMSI P7N SLI-FI 750i SLI MotherboardEVGA GeForce 8800 GT/1GB Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling SystemAny suggestions are welcomed.Thank You,Paulo

>>> Having the ability to have multiple .ini files and>>the>>plane-specific assignments is a big plus.>>Unfortunately the capability for multiple .ini files>was removed in FSUIPC 4 (FSX). I sent a post to >Pete's support forum and he stated he removed>the capability because he thought no one used it.>It sounded like he might consider adding it back in>a future version, but no promises made.>>scott s.>.>I.ve been using multiple ini files since the last fullupdate a couple of weeks ago. I have a registeredversion on FSUIPC for FSX.... Paul

Wide-5.jpg

PauloI just got this machine and set it up last week to run FSX. I had not jumped to FSX as of that point so it's very early for me to comment.Here's what I've found so far however.1. Even at slow frame rates (8 to 9) it seems quite smooth.2. Airplanes seem much easier to fly.3. A new 24 inch Acer flat panel monitor just smokes an older high quality Viewsonic 21" CRT. The contrast and brightness blows the old CRT's of the wall. This was a "wake up" for me.4. I miss FSNAVIGATOR !!!!!!5. Just the simple tweaks recommended athttp://www.highflightsimulations.com/fsxcfg.html#fsx.exemore than doubled the frame rates to a level I haven't determined yet, but it is well above 22 with heavy settings and dense areas. The machine reboots very quickly with XP. And programs just zap. A million headers in newsgroup readers are child's play for this machine where they mostly crashed XNews on my old machine from lack of ability to throw them around quickly or at all. That's nice.Oh yes, I bought an G15 Logitech game keyboard that I just love. Not only are the keys backlit (off + 2 levels), but you have up to 18 macro/assignment keys per saved set (under any name) that auto loads if desired. You can even program right into the top menu and/or change eyepoints and light movements. For example one key brings up the FP Map (with macros), while others control landing light directions, and cockpit eyepoints. NEAT !!!! Very strong capabilities and simple. Since I run 2 monitors, other help documents co-exist quite nicely as I run.There will be more from me late when I sort everything out.Bob (Las Cruces, NM)XP-Home, With FS Genesis Terrain MeshAsus P5N-D MotherboardIntel E8500 @ 3.16GHz (Now)CPUThermaltake MaxOrb Enthusiast CPU FanCorsir XMS2 PC6400/DDR2/800 Dual, 4GigsSATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDDEVGA Geforce 8800 GT/512 (OC'd Version)

Guest essoblue

I want to speak up in support of Pete Dowson. I once had an email communication with him to ask him whether FSUIPC had a certain capability. He was at pains to make sure that I didn't fork out for FSUIPC until he was convinced it would help me in what I wanted to achieve. In fact at the time it couldn't help, and so he recommended staying with the non-reg version. Hardly a money grabber.