Sign in to follow this  
rodger

Eaglesoft Twin Comanche FSX

HelloI have looked at as many screenshots of this addon as i can findbut i cannot tell from the screenshots if if it has reflective window glass in the VC or not.Anyone here own it, is there reflections or not ?

ES, as a company decision, does not include reflective glass from the interior.But...I hope that isn't a reason not to consider this bird. I have over 65 hours in it, and every time I fly it, I am constantly in awe of the total experience and immersion it provides. Incredible effort and product by Eaglesoft.

HelloMany thanks for that information, while not a deal breaker i would have prefered the option of reflective VC windows as i find it really adds to the immersion factor, I may still get this one though as i have heard nothing but praise for it.

Guest j-mo

And I'll second that recommendation! Great aircraft. And very easy on framerates.

Brian is correct. Eaglesoft does not and will not include interior reflections on glass. Those interior reflections are great until the "new wears off".We find it interesting that by now folks are asking vendors how they can remove the annoying reflections:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Yep! I would highly recommend any of the Eaglesoft aeroplanes, they really are awesome.

HelloThats a shame, as i am one of those that enjoys the reflectionswould it not be a better idea to have the reflections selectable as a user choice.That way you would please everyone and have even better sales.

One of the VERY BEST, and I couldn't care less about reflective window glass (or vc's for that matter), but to each his own.Respectfully:RTH

Perhaps we'll take a fresh look at it down the road...:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Great plane. I bought it and I love it, but you know what?I'm missing the reflection too... :)

Guest IMC

I am having elevator trim issues. It is way too fast right now and results in basically being untrimmable because any trim input from me results in 600 feet or more of climb or descent. Anyone know a fix to this?

I am having elevator trim issues. It is way too fast right now and results in basically being untrimmable because any trim input from me results in 600 feet or more of climb or descent. Anyone know a fix to this?
hey IMC, try editing the Comanches aircraft.cfg file thus :elevator_trim_effectiveness = 0.25 // default 1.0aileron_trim_effectiveness = 0.25 // default 1.0rudder_trim_effectiveness = 0.25 // default 1.0I've got a CH HOTAS setup with buttons mapped to the trim - changing those values means that more key/button presses are required to change the trim value a given amount. If you've got a "centre-wheel" mouse you can also hover over the (overhead) elevator trim lever and slowly "ratchet" it up and down.101 hours in the ES Twin Comache now :)hope this helpsGreg

Guest IMC
hey IMC, try editing the Comanches aircraft.cfg file thus :elevator_trim_effectiveness = 0.25 // default 1.0aileron_trim_effectiveness = 0.25 // default 1.0rudder_trim_effectiveness = 0.25 // default 1.0I've got a CH HOTAS setup with buttons mapped to the trim - changing those values means that more key/button presses are required to change the trim value a given amount. If you've got a "centre-wheel" mouse you can also hover over the (overhead) elevator trim lever and slowly "ratchet" it up and down.101 hours in the ES Twin Comache now :)hope this helpsGreg
I have the saitek pro yoke, and use the two way switch below the HAT to do the elevator trimming. I'll edit the file and see if it helps, thanks!

The Twin Comanche has been my default aircraft since I purchased it over a year a go and although I've purchased several planes since I always return to it.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

If you decide to bring them back please make an option - I can't stand reflections, I disable/edit them for any plane that has them. They look OK during day but for night most reflections are waaaay overdone.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |