Sign in to follow this  
Highmike

PMDG 747 and FSX with Vista SP1

After spending a great deal of time tinkering with the FSX iFly 747-400, recently, it seems to be a fine product, but does not cope very well with Vista Sp1. I normally am not a big fan of the large airliners as they tend to get boring to me rather rapidly, but this looked like something special.I am considering the PDMG model, but it looks like a cousin to the iFly, and was not originally developed for FSX and Vista either. I am wondering if it has some of the same problems coping with UAC etc. in the Vista SP1 environment?Regards,Thrakete

I don't think you'll do better than the PMDG 747 in FSX and Vista SP1. A lot of care and attention has gone into making this AC work in FSX and I've found it to perform flawlessly. I've been following the problems which you've been having with UAC, but I don't recall UAC ever being a problem with this AC. Either it was not a problem at all, or it was so easy to fix that I've forgotten about it. In any case the PMDG 747 is a terrific AC which you will probably enjoy more than a lot of others.PMDG have also just announced that their MD-11 has gone into Beta testing, so it won't be long before you'll have another first class AC to think about.Mike.

Mike Beckwith