Sign in to follow this  
fbass

how do I get better sounds from my AI aircraft??

Guest gooper

does anyone know how to customize myb individual AI aircraft so i have a more immersive environmnet soind-wise? its boring having all the aircraft make the same sound...do i have to alter my aircraft.cfg file for each Ai aircraft in anyway to ?

Hello, There are custom sound sets for AI aircraft of various models available. A search in the file library should turn up some options. I edited the sound.cfg file of my AI aircraft to alias the closest FSX default AI sounds. So all my AI 737's have the sound.cfg edited to read: "alias=b737-800/soundai" and so forth with the other models.Good Luck,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB SATA-3GB/S HD for O/SWD 160GB SATA 3GB/S HD for FSXWindows XP SP3 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

You can use any sound package to enhance your AI aircraft sounds. I like to use "the real deal" sounds as they provide high-fidelity sounds for various engine types. You can also use many other sounds produced by a variety of developers. See AVSIM for the downloads.1. Download the sound package. Unzip the *.wav files into a folder.2. Label this folder to reflect the engine and aircraft type associated with the *.wav files. For example "B747-300RR."3. Rename the sound.cfg file in the above folder to soundai.cfg.4. Place the above folder in a location of your choice. I put them in fsxsimobjectsmisctraffic_soundsjets. That last part can be arranged into a directory structure supporting "props," "rotocraft," etc.4. Go to your B747-300RR aircraft folder and create a "soundai" folder. In my case I use fsxsimobjectsaiaiaBoeing B747-300RR AIA. This structure allows me to manage all of my AI aircraft and arrange them by developer/aircraft type.5. In the "soundai" folder create a soundai.cfg file using Notepad. Enter the path you chose (alias) for this sound package - example:(FLTSIM) ***in the actual folder the parenthesis are bracesalias=..AI Sounds PackSimObjectsMiscTraffic_SoundsJetsB743 RR RDsoundai (the "RD" stands for "real deal")6. Save the config file and you're done.I've managed to download and implement 49 jet sound packs, 7 military packs, 18 prop aircraft sounds, 19 different helicopter packs, and 12 Russian sounds packages.So, you can see that it is possible to cover most of the bases for different aircraft sounds.fbNOTE: FS9 sound files work fine in FSX as AI sounds. I didn't download any other packs although they may work as well. Also, don't worry about the "internal" sounds included in most packs. You won't be able to hear them anyway since there are no cockpits/cabins in AI aircraft.NOTE: If you're going to have different sounds for each engine type you will need to create a separate aircraft folder for each engine. For example, B747-300GE, B747-300PW, or B747-300RR. This is necessary because each "soundai" folder will contain a soundai.cfg file pointing to a different sound folder.

Hi!i followed your instructions but i still hear the same old default sound...what i did wrong?1. Downloaded the sound package. Unzipped the *.wav files into a folder.2.Labeled with "320"(example)3.renamed the sound.cfg with soundai.cfg4.Placed the above folder in a location of my choice. I put them insimobjects/misc/TS320 (ts=traffic sounds)5.Went to my airbus 320 evai folder and created a soundai folder with soundai.cfg inside.Entered the path: alias=..simobjectsmiscTS320soundai6.Saved config file.Anything wrong with the path?Thanx for your help guys and sorry for my poor english(i'm italian)Salvador

Hey there... if you dont mind spending fifteen dollars Alan Constable has a package over at simMarket ( and other d/l sites im sure) he just released today. My initial test of his sounds had me saying oh yeah... props sounded great will let you know later after dinner about the rest. Also, he did include startup sounds for AI planes and special installer for ai packages free and payware. so far a thumbs up Steve

Salvador,I'm not sure of the problem but check your soundai.cfg file in your aircraft folder. The entry in this file should be something like:(FLTSIM)alias=..AI Sounds PackSimObjectsMiscTraffic_SoundsJetsB747GE RDsoundaiRemember, the () around FLTSIM must be braces (square parenthesis); also your path may be different.Also, in your folder where you have placed the *.wav files (sounds), you must also have a soundai.cfg file. This file is the original sound.cfg file from your download sound package - RENAME IT to soundai.cfg.Also, your path above has the following characters - and /. This is not a correct path. Make sure these characters are all /.I hope this helps.fb

Guest RichardL

>Hey there... if you dont mind spending fifteen dollars Alan>Constable has a package over at simMarket ( and other d/l>sites im sure) he just released today. My initial test of his>sounds had me saying oh yeah... props sounded great will let>you know later after dinner about the rest. Also, he did>include startup sounds for AI planes and special installer for>ai packages free and payware. >so far a thumbs up >SteveHi Steve,Does the program fix these sound issues with FSX AI:Extremely loud engine sound when AI are on a taxiway?Abrupt engine sound changes?Any other fixed issues? There was an FS9 program called FSHotSeat that provided the best AI sound environment. If you know, is the program you are recommending similar?Thanks!

Ooooooooooops!!!! I just noticed in my reply a mistake - the paths should contain - NOT /. Sorry about that. Senior moment.fb