Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marley

Lost fsx add on aircraft liveries

Guest Marley

Hello all. I need help!Several of my add on aircraft have lost their liveries. So no color at all.....they are just grey.Everything was working fine. One day I started up the program and they were gone.Please help.

The most common reason for this is that you may have DX 10 preview checked on your FSX graphics page.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest Marley

>The most common reason for this is that you may have DX 10>preview checked on your FSX graphics page.>>BobBob,thanks for replying. I am kind of old school and not too knowledgable about computers. I would appreciate if you could guide me.Thanks, Marley

I don't think this is a DX10 problem. The most common reason for "grey" textures is a mismatch between the texture folder ID and the "title=" statement in the aircraft.cfg file. Check to see if these two items match exactly (make sure the word "texture" is spelled correctly). Also, make sure there are no internal folders within the texture folder. In other words, make sure that when you open a particular texture folder you see the *.bmp or *.dds files and not another folder.Another reason for a "grey" texture is a mismatch between the texture files and the aircraft model. For example, if you put a "GE" engine texture into a "PW" aircraft folder the texture will not display properly. So, make sure the texture file is in the proper aircraft folder.fb

Guest Marley

I have fixed the problem. It was a DX10 problem.Thanks for your help guys.