Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Problem with viewing ADE/AFX 'afcads' for FSX

Guest s0436

For example, I downloaded the EGLL ADE bgl from avsim, loaded it up and it doesn't appear properly in FSX. I can see a building for the terminal 5 and space, but no jetways and no AI. When I looked at the afcad in ADE it came up with the gates, jetways, aprons, taxiways etc for terminal 5 but it still didn't translate into FSX.Help please.

A lot of what will display is controlled by the scenery density setting in FSX. While you may see everything in ADE if it shows EXTREMELY DENSE, this won't be the case unless your FSX settings match.If you're looking at the BGL in ADE hover over the jetways and the tooltips should say at what level they display. Same with any buildings and the likes.

Guest s0436

Thanks, I tried the settings for scenery complexity in FSX from very sparse to extremely dense and it made no difference, the terminal 5 building went away when it was very sparse and so on, but the jetways or AI never appeared at the denser settings. It's as if the bgl is for FS9 or something. :(

Restart the computer and give it a try again. Sometimes jetways behave oddly when you first add/change scenery.It's also of course possible that the author did not put any jetways at that locaton. :)RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest s0436

I've had a look again and I think all my so-called FSX afcads that I d/l from avsim do not work at all, and the default is always used, and I have been using FSX for months. The only airport which is not the default is Gatwick because it is UK2000 scenery add-on.

How are you installing the files?RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

Guest s0436

I stick them in the add-on scenery folder as instructed, and then fire up FSX and go. I do nothing else. "Addon scenery" is enabled in the scenery library.>How are you installing the files?>>Rhett>>FS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3>Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600>Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm>Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate>64>ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Airport bgl's do not go into the Addon Scenery folder. They must be in the Addon Sceneryscenery folder for FS to automactically index them.

Guest s0436

Sorry I meant that the bgls are in the addon sceneryscenery folder, as instructed in the readme's for the fsx afcads. So they are in the right place and they don't seem to translate into FSX. >>Airport bgl's do not go into the Addon Scenery folder. They>must be in the Addon Sceneryscenery folder for FS to>automactically index them.

Hi,I had the same problem you have until I gave a higher priority to the addon scenery in the scenery libary. In my case, it was Xtraffic scenery that was hiding the addon blg files.Hope this helps.Jos

Guest s0436

Thanks. I tried putting the default and add-on scenery as the top priority and it made no difference. I guess I'll have to just wait for freeware scenery add-ons in the future, as that is the only thing that works, and I can't afford payware fancy stuff which usually hits my fps anyway.It is annoying that I have the FSX SDK installed and have ADE, but I cannot edit the airports and see the results in FSX, it just won't work that way either.

Download and install any of Ray Smith or Jim Vile's airport sceneries for FSX; they will work in FSX. For instance go download Jim Vile's KSAV. It will work absolutely. If it does not show for you, then you have some issue with your sim going on.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

>It is annoying that I have the FSX SDK installed and have ADE,>but I cannot edit the airports and see the results in FSX, it>just won't work that way either.Though I have no reason or true logic to explain the why, you're not the first person using FSX who, even though the Addon Scenery folder is active, has nothing to show for it.I'd suggest making a new folder, such as AF3 filesscenery and move all your airport files there. Activate through the scenery libary and see if your changes show up.There's been too many instances to remember where Addon Scenery doesn't work. And if you've ever seen a scenery.cfg file that's been manipulated from within FSX and then looked at in a text editor... There's times I wonder how anything shows up!

Guys, how good is ADE? Pls tell more why you like it and what you mainly use it for practically (not just listing the features). I don't know yet if I'd want it to buy.Thanks,Dirk.

>>I don't know yet if I'd want it to buy.>You don't buy it, it is completeley free.George