Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Problem with viewing ADE/AFX 'afcads' for FSX

>>>I don't know yet if I'd want it to buy.>>>>You don't buy it, it is completeley free.>>George>Hehe, even then, what do you use it for?Thanks.

Guest s0436

Thanks. I've just tried that and it works! Who knew something so simple would make it work, so I guess for me (and some others) the addonscenery/scenery folder is worthless.>Though I have no reason or true logic to explain the why,>you're not the first person using FSX who, even though the>Addon Scenery folder is active, has nothing to show for it.>>I'd suggest making a new folder, such as AF3 filesscenery>and move all your airport files there. Activate through the>scenery libary and see if your changes show up.>>There's been too many instances to remember where Addon>Scenery doesn't work. And if you've ever seen a scenery.cfg>file that's been manipulated from within FSX and then looked>at in a text editor... There's times I wonder how anything>shows up!

>Hehe, even then, what do you use it for?>>Thanks.Sorry, I mixed it up with Airport Facilitator.

>>Hehe, even then, what do you use it for?>>Thanks.You use it to alter/create/edit airport scenery in FSX.'Airport Scenery' means parking, taxiways, runways, aprons, buildings, lighting,ILS's,glideslopes,radio freqs,fuel triggers, etc. etc.It can even do flatten polys now.It does NOT do the creation of custom 3D objects. For that you would need gmax or 3dsmax.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Thanks. I've just tried that and it works! Who knew>something so simple would make it work, so I guess for me (and>some others) the addonscenery/scenery folder is worthless.>>I've heard of other people having that problem, but I've never experienced it myself. Perhaps their /Addon Scenery folder is being aliased incorrectly in the scenery.cfg...Anyway, that is why I advise people to install their airport sceneries to a folder such as:E:SCENERYAFCADSCENERYand for more complex sceneries:E:SCENERYMPDASCENERY...............TEXTUREE:SCENERYKDFWSCENERY...............TEXTUREetc. etc.That way there is no chance of any issues. Many people, though, insist on putting it all in /Addon Scenery.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB