Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

Eyepoint Movement in FSX

Guest Pro-Sim

Short answer - nope.I recently made the permanent move to FSX from FS9 (after taking almost 2 years to convince myself), and I find viewpoint and it's (lack of adjustment) the most frustrating aspect.CTRL+ENTER does work but it does not work with TrackIR anymore - the viewpont just resets. The TrackIR guys have tried to address this but MS will not play ball and nothing can be done.Apart from that, in SP2 form and with more powerful computers, FSX is starting to get a lot better and I enjoy it at last.The best thing about it is the improved flight dynamics, especially in flight weather and it's effective on the aircraft (varied, gentle rocks and rolls = good :) ).

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

You can also go into each air craft and adjust the cfg file for the eyepoint starting settings.

Russ,The VC movement is the same in FSX as FS9The difference is now we can adjust various parameters in the individual cameras - VC being just one of them.The SDK explains that eyepoint movement default is 0.25m/sec; since no different speed is defined in the Cameras.cfg that is what you will see. YOU must add a line defining the speed you want - example:..ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUE**XyzRate = 0.75 // bumped up from default 0.25**XyzAcceleratorTime = 0 // kills the mushy startup/gradual speed-up - movementShowLensFlare=FALSE..In the 2D window:The (shift)/Control-Q is what is described in the documentation but if you are comfortable with changing the Cameras.cfg file you CAN adjust the operation of the 2D Camera to something more comfortable.If you edit the parameters in Camera Definition.001:PanPbhAdjust = OrdinalPanPbhReturn = Trueto readPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = Falseand also add the following lines:PitchPanRate=8PanAcceleratorTime=0you will be able to tilt the view down using the tophat smoothly.The pan rate of 8

On my new machine (see below), I programmed the eyepoint movement onto 6 left side macro hotkeys. NICE !!!!Then expanding this viewpoint capability and the fact that the keyboard comes with a very powerful macro wizard which includes time delay, I see no reason that I can't have post-positioned camera new window Hotkeys, with no actual program code entries. The macro will open a new window and then move the eyepoint to a preselected destination. Again... NICE !Also be aware of undocumented key command CTRL + (-) and CTRL + (=)which is quite differnt from zoom.Bob (Las Cruces, NM)XP-Home, With FS Genesis Terrain MeshLogitech G15 Backlit Game Keyboard and18 Programmable Macro/Keystroke KeysAsus P5N-D MotherboardIntel E8500 @ 3.16GHz (Now)CPUThermaltake MaxOrb Enthusiast CPU FanCorsir XMS2 PC6400/DDR2/800 Dual, 4GigsSATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDDEVGA Geforce 8800 GT/512 (OC'd Version)Dual Flat Panel Monitors