Sign in to follow this  
rodger

Should I see this alpine village?

Fresh back from a walking holiday in the French Alps I was keen to check out the scenery in FSX. In Slew mode I entered the following co-ords for a point near the church in the centre of the large village of Les Contamines (which I had already checked for accuracy in Google Earth):45

Hi,It's a landclass issue where a village is called for, but the FSX data is lacking. An add-on such as Ultimate Terrain Europe may contain the proper data. If the village had a airport/landing strip it may have a better shot of showing up in FSX.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Thanks Jim, I rather suspected that would be the answer.I'm mainly using FSX for exploring UK scenery and I have the Horizon VFR Photographic Scenery package covering England & Wales. But I'll take a look at Ultimate Terrain Europe too.-- Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Hi Terry,this is how it looks like in UT Europe.Hope this helps,Rodger

Thanks Rodger, those look great. Reckon I may have to reach for my credit card again!BTW, will UT Europe work without conflict with my Horozon VFR Generation-X scenery for England & Wales? Or must I configure FSX so that the latter has priority when I'm flying in the UK?-- Terry, East Grinstead, UK

TerryYou can get photoreal scenery for this area from Francevfr. I use it in Fs9 but there's a patch for FSX, it's the FlightAlpes BasePack Nord you want. We had a couple of holidays in Les Contamines a few years back and also passed through on the Tour du Mont Blanc. The Francevfr scenery fits with Switzerland Professional, now out for FSX, and the free valle aosta est and west which you can find in the avsim library. Also if you look for maps2bgl in the library you can create your own photoreal scenery from Google Earth. John

Thanks John, much appreciate those suggestions. So much to explore!-- Terry, East Grinstead, UK