Sign in to follow this  
jvile

Crosswind tutorial

Hi,Where can I find a tutorial for Jim Viles crosswind technique, I think it's got something to do with 7.9 degrees increments.Thanks!

Take a look at ADE (here, in the library) - it can make crosswind runways for you.

So was I. And over at the ADE forum at FSDeveloper you'll find a couple of threads that I started where Jim was kind enough to give his insight. There's not a lot to the cross wind approach, but try getting into reordering runways to cut down on the dummy runways and that will get you thinking. Some of the threads are a couple, three months old, but a search by my user name will turn them up.

Guest PPSFA

Are you looking for information on how to fly the approach and landing in a crosswind? Sorry, I'm not too clear on what you are asking.XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com

Besides the search that Meshman suggested you can also go to this link and find the math behind my technique.Reggie was going to update the missing tutorial that Adam Siroka wrote years ago for FS9 using AFCAD2 but Reggie's tutorial never made it to print.Previously stated by Tim I gave Jon the code to automate the CW runway technique in the ADE Utility but that is for FSX only. I have asked ACES if they cannot write a optional code to open the crosswind runways in a future release of FS then at least allow me to stop ATIS from saying a new/closed runway.http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthrea...light=crosswind