Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

FSX and strange trackIR pitch

Guest amis

I use TrackIR 4 PRO and FSX SP1. My problem is that I can

Guest jshyluk

Go to your Track IR and look at VIEW/Tracking, to see the tracking screen. Maybe you bumped the sensor, or there's an extra light source interfering with your hat. Make sure that the three tracking lights are green and more or less in the center of the screen. You can also open the Heads view to see what TrackIR thinks your head is doing when you look up. At the worst, you might have to adjust your Profile.When in FSX, hit your Center View TrackIR control to make sure that your view is correctly centered before you start to look around. Make that part of your pre-start checklist.I hope that helps!Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest -BeNt-

Yeah I'm going to agree here with Jeff. The first thing I do before I start flying as a preflight inspection.I start TrackIR software and make sure the 3 green dots from my vector clip are in the middle of the tracking screen. Looking striaght ahead make sure they are also in the middle and straight up and down. If you have any kind of brighter light in the room or any red showing up in the tracking screen you need to adjust the light in your room and use the light filtering option inside the TrackIr program. Go back to flight sim. Sit where you will be flying and center your view, my button is F12. Also another thing I have noticed is most V/C's put you entirely too close to the dash of the aircraft so zoom out a bit too. On other thing, not sure if this works with the other forms of the TrackIR but with the vector clip sometimes when it's weirding out like that, I can just open up the TrackIR program and view the tracking screen. Close it back down and go back in FSX and everything is normal again. I don't know why it does that. And make sure you are using the newest software from them also, in 4.35.1 I think it was they added additional FSX support to it, whatever that means.

Guest amis

Thank you both. I do check trackir screen and head screen and other things you speak about. As you see on the pictures - in FS9 it works properly but in FSX it works different way. Both pictures are taken within 3 minutes in the same conditions, same plane, same airport, same PC at the same place, with TrackIR centered. Simply in FS9 (and other games like LockOn or race sims) it works fine. But FSX... see pic. :-(

Guest jshyluk

Well, you can try uninstalling and re-installing TrackIR. I've found that sometimes my updates don't "stick", and re-installing seems to help. I can't say that will do the trick, but it might help.You can also ask the crew at NaturalPoint for help, as they know this device way better than I do.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest amis

Problem probably solved. I had my Vector on headphones. I have put it on black TrackIR cap and it works properly even in FSX.Thank for all help.

Guest jshyluk

Well, there you go. Still, that should have shown up when you were checking the Heads movement, when your own head temporarily blocked the reflectors by looking up. As my bald father would tell me, get a haircut, you hippie!If you want to use TrackIR with headphones, I would suggest looking into the excellent TrackClip PRO. It won an AVSIM Award Of Excellence!http://www.avsim.com/pages/0207/TrackClip/TrackClip.htmJeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest amis

>Well, there you go. Still, that should have shown up when>you were checking the Heads movement, when your own head>temporarily blocked the reflectors by looking up. As my bald>father would tell me, get a haircut, you hippie!>>If you want to use TrackIR with headphones, I would suggest>looking into the excellent TrackClip PRO. It won an AVSIM>Award Of Excellence!>>http://www.avsim.com/pages/0207/TrackClip/TrackClip.htm>>Jeff Shyluk>Assistant Managing Editor>Senior Staff Reviewer>AVSIMHi, Jeff, I know this product and will think about it. Just strange to me, that there was no problem like this with FS9. And there were no reflections on tracking screen. Well, I

One more thing to check would be that you're using the same profile for FSX as for FS9. I'm not sure if they're the same by default.I've got automatic profile selection turned off (since FSX is the only thing I use it with) just to avoid any confusion.Colin

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>One more thing to check would be that you're using the same>profile for FSX as for FS9. I'm not sure if they're the same>by default.>>I've got automatic profile selection turned off (since FSX is>the only thing I use it with) just to avoid any confusion.>>Colin>By default they are both the flight profile

Why can I not use the pause and center commands in FSX?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Guest amis

>One more thing to check would be that you're using the same>profile for FSX as for FS9. I'm not sure if they're the same>by default.>>I've got automatic profile selection turned off (since FSX is>the only thing I use it with) just to avoid any confusion.>>Colin>I use same profile for both FS9 and FSX.

well, the regular vector clip is supposed to go on the hat, but when using the trackclip pro, you need to put the TrackIR itself a little off to the side so it aligns with where the trackclip pro is in the center. if you keep it normal center, it may give you issues because of it reading it off center and not being fully effective because it will be much easier to take the leds out of the trackir's fov.Peter ClemenkoStaff Revieweravsimlogo-1.png

The standard Trackir hotkeys are F8, F9 and F12 . These keys are also used in flightsim. The defaults are:F8.........................FLAPS_DOWNF9.........................VIEW_CAMERA_SELECT_1F12........................VIEW_CAMERA_SELECT_4 You may need to remap them in either flightsim or in your Flightsm Trackir profile. Perhaps that is the cause of your problem. I remapped the flightsim keys to be sure there could be no interference.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.