Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

Judder in FSX

Can anyone explain why I have judering effect in FSX? I have framerates of about 30fps but it momentarily flicks down to about 10 fps, which means that the game judders.Please helpCJ

Does it happen everywhere or only certain areas?Jim W

Jim Wenham

The most common causes I can think of, are a program running in the background, like anti-virus, doing it's thing, or FSX loading a bunch of data, like weather, or scenery.If you run Procmon in the background, you can pause the sim when this happens and look at what recent disk activity has been going on.

Bert

If it's syncronized with the ATC voices (and I don't mean that the tower operator stutters) then it's a sound issue. In such a case, reduce the sound quality to 16 bit if higher or get a separate sound card.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX(SP1-SP2), Audigy SE sound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

I have NVidia 7300 Intel Core 2 6300 @ 1.86GHz1.00 GB RAMXP SP2FSXAny further thoughts?CJP.S.How can I adjust the sound to 16 bit?

>I have NVidia 7300 >Intel Core 2 6300 @ 1.86GHz>1.00 GB RAM>XP SP2>FSX>P.S.>How can I adjust the sound to 16 bit?Considering FSX (subject to slider settings) running with those computer specs, I would expect periodic "judders" to occur while the computer tries to catch up with the display demands.I don't have windows XP anymore, but you should be able to locate "sound" in the control panel. There should be an advanced option (maybe under speakers) to set it to 16 bit 44100 hz (CD quality). Also, you might have a utility for your sound card or on-board sound device.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX(SP1-SP2), Audigy SE sound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art