Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

FSX Acceleration

Guest ESA1178

Does anyone know the steps to remove Acceleration?When I go to ADD/REMOVE programs it only shows as:Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration 3.53 GBI am afraid that if I uninstall that, it will also uninstall FSX.Thanks!ESA1178

Do a restore point first, then you can always undo the deletion if you don't like the result.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX, Audigy SE sound, (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

>make sure you have "show updates" checked.Is this directed to an XP user only?ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX, Audigy SE sound, (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

no.on XP, make sure you check the "Show Updates"checkbox.on Vista, make sure you hit the "task" item called "View installed updates".without performing those steps, you wont see what you really have installed and can uninstall the wrong item.

>And for Vista:I appreciate the information, but it looks like I've got problems in this regard. What I see in the program list is this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191695.jpgKeep in mind that I am not talking about uninstalling Acceleration per the original thread issue since it's not installed. When I select "View Installed Updates", all I get is a list of Windows updates.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Audigy SE sound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

If your question is "why am I not seeing SP1", you wont see that until you uninstall SP2. you must uninstall service packs in the reverse order they were installed.You cannot uninstall SP1 and keep SP2. You must uninstall SP2, then uninstall SP1. That would get you back to FSX RTM.If that isnt your question, I cannot help.

My question was not intended to be about not seeing SP1, but the reply is good to note. I'm sorry you can't help me, but what you posted has really made me curious about why I don't get a list of all program updates (only Windows) in the "Installed Updates" list.I need to consult the Microsoft knowledgebase.Thanks.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX(SP1-SP2), Audigy SE sound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Guest Spirit Flyer

My question was not intended to be about not seeing SP1, butthe reply is good to note. I'm sorry you can't help me, butwhat you posted has really made me curious about why I don'tget a list of all program updates (only Windows) in the"Installed Updates" list.I need to consult the Microsoft knowledgebase.Thanks.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX(SP1-SP2), Audigy SEsound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCDmonitorHi Art,If you find something, please let us know. I think you and I have the same problem, for opposite reasons, not wanting to uninstall FSX by accident. After ignoring it until now, I just bought Acceleration but when I tried to install it, I was told to uninstall SP2. However, the only entry on the control board window is for "Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2 - 617 MB." When I enable "show installed updates' as suggested by Phil Taylor (ACES), the FSX entries do not show up, although all the other MS updates seem to be listed. There is no other program for FSX itself anywhere on the list of programs that I can see. So I am NOT going to uninstall it and hope for the best!Surely there is a way to remove SP2 safely isn't there? Or do I have to just eat the cost of the Acceleration Pack since I opened it? I did a search on here for an answer without remedy. Anyone know what to do?Spirit FlyerAsus P5K motherboardQ6700 CPUNvidia 8800 GTVista 64 Home Premium

You won't see "Service Pack 1" until you've removed "Service Pack 2" first...You won't see "FSX...." until you've removed "Service Pack 1" first...IOW, you will see one and ONLY one entry at a time.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>If you find something, please let us know. I think you and I>have the same problem, for opposite reasons, not wanting to>uninstall FSX by accident. >>Surely there is a way to remove SP2 safely isn't there? Or do>I have to just eat the cost of the Acceleration Pack since I>opened it? I did a search on here for an answer without>remedy. Anyone know what to do?I did a search throughout the internet and found nothing about why our "Installed Updates" don't show for anything except Windows.You needn't be apprehensive about the SP2 uninstall if you make a restore point before the removal. As explained by others, this will not uninstall FSX anyway. The installation of Acceleration will reinstall SP2. If something goes wrong or you don't like the results of the Acceleration installation, you can always go back to the restore point to get back to where you were.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX(SP1-SP2), Audigy SE sound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Guest Spirit Flyer

Thank you both,I gritted my teeth, closed my eyes (in case I lost a fortune in addons) and pushed "uninstall" then sat on my hands so I would not chicken out. All is well! Trying Carrier takeoffs!Spirit FlyerIntel Quad Core Q6700 @ 2.66GHZ4 GB RamASUS Nvdia EN8899 GT 512500 GB disk24 inch wide screen LCD monitor @ 1920 x 1200 x 32Vista 64 Home Premium