Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Pilatus PC-12 or Eaglesoft Cirrus?

Guest 413X3

So I want to buy a fast one engine airplane. I have narrowed it down to the Flight1 PC-12 and the Eaglesoft Cirrus SR-22 Turbo.Can someone recommend either or? Which one is more realistic, has a good looking VC, etcThanksAlex

Don't have either of those but would highly recommend the Eaglesoft Columbia 400 which cruises at around 185-190 knots. Here's some great pix: http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/eaglesoft_columbia_400.htm

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

hellofast one engine airplane is all they have in common, they have different roles.The Fight1 PC12 is a jem, I dont have the cirrus so cant comment on it

I don't have the PC 12, but I do have the Cirrus and Columbia from Eaglesoft. Both are fast and fun to fly. Another one to look at is the LionHeart Epic. http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Homepage.htmlI just bought it a couple of weeks ago and really enjoy it. Top speed is about 230kts or so and the price is right. If you like fast singles, you can't miss with any of the three.

I have both and they are both great.Not sure how you can compare a little 2+2 seater to a workhorse turboprop aircraft.. :-)If you want a fun and fast super-slick airplane, get the brand new Turbo Cirrus.If you want a versatile utility aircraft that will get you in and out of really small airports, with a load of executive travellers and all their luggage on board, get the PC12.

Bert

>I have narrowed>it down to the Flight1 PC-12 and the Eaglesoft Cirrus SR-22If it was me I would pick PC-12, not only more "fun" aircraft but made by Flight1, I am an absolute stickler for quality cockpit graphics, sharpness and this is one area where Flight1 is in the class of its own. Plus I always prefer turbine powered aircraft - since I can't afford them in real life.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

We concur with others here. Each of these aircraft are built for specific purposes. The PC12 is a nice product for its purpose :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>So I want to buy a fast one engine airplane. I have narrowed>it down to the Flight1 PC-12 and the Eaglesoft Cirrus SR-22>Turbo.>>Can someone recommend either or? Which one is more realistic,>has a good looking VC, etc>>Thanks>>Alex>Actually I have both :-) That's what I would do both great ones :-)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Got the EPIC LT from Lionheart Creations. Very nice and William produces fixes very quickly. It's not hard on the frame rate. The only thing I dislike is the ground steering. With not much in the tanks (15% full) and no extra passengers, if you look from a spot plane position, you can see that the nose wheel slips on the ground and the turning radius is quite large therefore.Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

My bias may be showing but i would say get all three , start with the SR22 ,its a great aircraft for "Hops", the rendering of the liveries in both DX9/10 is Stunning. Eaglesoft does outstanding work, there is a remarkable amount of experience among the team and i am proud to have participated on this Aircraft.Bill Ortis did an amazing job producing the Epic, his friends among the development community saw the attention to detail invested in every aspect, personally i thought Lionheart productions came of age with this model, more complex than any he has done before and glorious to see in sim this is a Passenger Aircraft , fast, versatile and powerful.The Pilatus PC12 is a top of the line workhorse and as a product has received great reviews, it

>So I want to buy a fast one engine airplane. I have narrowed>it down to the Flight1 PC-12 and the Eaglesoft Cirrus SR-22>Turbo.>>Can someone recommend either or? Which one is more realistic,>has a good looking VC, etcI have the PC-12 and for the time being it is my "go to" airplane. I had the FS9 version and they have really done a nice job of updating it for FSX.That said, I've been toying with getting the SR22 G3. I need to hear more about how smooth the Avidyne stuff is on a system like mine, so I'll wait a little while to see what the feedback is. I've also seen some folks having problems running the RealityXP "Garmin" 530W with it, so I'm also waiting to see how that turns out. Eaglesoft airplanes are typically highly integrated and thus seem to be harder to get to work with add-on avionics. At least, that's my understanding.Dave B.

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Dave, as you know there have been issues in the past with RXP integrations into our products and that is why we do not recommend or support that vendors integrations.Those issues had to do with specific ways of handling flightplans/approaches in line with MSFS SDK. As far as we know those have been resolved in that vendors FSX offerings but haven't tested so you'll have to rely on user feedback.The SR22G2/G3 Turbo is a total build to the FSX SDK which means full compliance for use in FSX/SP2/DX10. With .dds textures and reduced draw calls we see improved performance in sim with our revised Avidyne package as do others like Bert. By the way, we are rebuilding our current FSX SR20 and SR22 to the same standard and that update will be at no cost to owners of those products. :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>So I want to buy a fast one engine airplane. I have narrowed>it down to the Flight1 PC-12 and the Eaglesoft Cirrus SR-22>Turbo.>>Can someone recommend either or? Which one is more realistic,>has a good looking VC, etc>>Thanks>>Alex>FSD-International Navajo and Saratoga.

>Dave, as you know there have been issues in the past with RXP>integrations into our products and that is why we do not>recommend or support that vendors integrations.I am quite aware of that, but the lack of explicit mutual support by either vendor is why I brought this up - I need to hear what the *users* are experiencing, since the vendors involved don't want to acknowledge that there are a few of us that want to use these products together.>Those issues had to do with specific ways of handling>flightplans/approaches in line with MSFS SDK. >As far as we know those have been resolved in that vendors FSX>offerings but haven't tested so you'll have to rely on user>feedback.The RXP 4/530W products can export a .pln file that can then be imported into FSX's flight planner - it's not ideal (I'd prefer more automation) but it does work.cheers,Dave.

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

The exported plan has to be Loaded by the sim in any case, otherwise the sim won't be aware of it... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator