Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Pilatus PC-12 or Eaglesoft Cirrus?

>"I am quite aware of that, but the lack of explicit mutual support by either vendor is why I brought this up - I need to hear what the *users* are experiencing, since the vendors involved don't want to acknowledge that there are a few of us that want to use these products together."Dave, I know you are aware of the issues involved and that is why I also mentioned you will need to rely on user feedback.Bert appears to be one user who "can live with" the limitations inherent in this type of integration.>"The RXP 4/530W products can export a .pln file that can then be imported into FSX's flight planner..." Of course it can. But it is the data/data structure in the exported .pln that was/is in question with regard to FS SDK and other 3PD Products. Users should be prepared to "live with it" as Bert has done .It is RXP reponsibility to provide its own support and is precisely why we refuse to support that vendors integrations into our products.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>It is RXP reponsibility to provide its own support and is>precisely why we refuse to support that vendors integrations>into our products.:-)Uh, OK. ??Dave.

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

>>It is RXP reponsibility to provide its own support and is>>precisely why we refuse to support that vendors integrations>>into our products.:-)>>Uh, OK. ??>>>Dave.>We tend to get a lot of requests to help make the RXP gauges work with our products. I hope you understand that providing technical support for another company's product simply isn't a realistic expectation.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ed,I can understand that you do not want to be expected to fix incorrect behavior in other manufacturers' products.Having said that, it would good for all concerned if, as has happened in the past, airplane manufacturers would accept that certain add-on gauges are a valid enhancement, and make allowances for users who wish to install them. In the real world, aircraft owners upgrade avionics when new and better gauges come out.. I wonder if Garmin and Cirrus talk to one another to resolve installation issues?

Bert

Bert, we've always accepted the fact that users may prefer another vendors integrations into our products and have absolutely no problem with that.:-)The crux of the matter for us is that we have tight schedules and our own support workload to manage. This means that we will allot no time to support of other vendors integrations.That is why we always say it is other vendors responsibility to support his own products..very simple really.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Ed,>>I can understand that you do not want to be expected to fix>incorrect behavior in other manufacturers' products.>>Having said that, it would good for all concerned if, as has>happened in the past, airplane manufacturers would accept that>certain add-on gauges are a valid enhancement, and make>allowances for users who wish to install them. >>In the real world, aircraft owners upgrade avionics when new>and better gauges come out.. I wonder if Garmin and Cirrus>talk to one another to resolve installation issues? >>In the real world if you installed a Garmin autopilot and every single time you attempted to set a VS climb of 500fpm it would command a VS descent at 500fpm... you wouldn't contact Cirrus. ;)As for "talk to one another"... I'm certain that Garmin and Cirrus do... it's in their best interest. In the FS world, I'll simply point out that pretty much every single add-on aircraft that supports an external navigation database uses their own "proprietary" file system... none of them "talk to one another". :)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>"I wonder if Garmin and Cirrus talk to one another to resolve installation issues?" Bert, JL and I have had face to face personal contact and a number of email exchanges over quite a few subjects. At the end of the day, it remains that Eaglesoft has specfic responsibilities and so does RXP.Eaglesoft cannot support his products for him anymore than he can support Eaglesoft products for us..In real world Garmin does not support Avidyne products anymore than Avidyne supports Garmin products as they are independent entities.:-)You and others who integrate must be able to as you say "live with the limitations" :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest harleyman52

>Got the EPIC LT from Lionheart Creations. Very nice and>William produces fixes very quickly. It's not hard on the>frame rate. The only thing I dislike is the ground steering.>With not much in the tanks (15% full) and no extra passengers,>if you look from a spot plane position, you can see that the>nose wheel slips on the ground and the turning radius is quite>large therefore.>>SiggyThe Epic by Bill at Lionheart is a fantastic aircraft with so much detail in the cockpit its not funny..Plus Sean Doran has done likr 20 paints for it already..Its by far one of the best flying and most realistic landing aircraft of all time......Its worth so much more than 25 bucks.......http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Epic_LT

Ron / Ed,Thanks for the replies.I guess I do indeed understand, and, like in the real world, the end-user is ultimately responsible for the final integration of multi-vendor products. :-)That said, I love the Cirrus and am delighted to have a new aircraft to take on VFR and IFR flights.

Bert

>Ron / Ed,>>Thanks for the replies.>>I guess I do indeed understand, and, like in the real world,>the end-user is ultimately responsible for the final>integration of multi-vendor products. :-)>>That said, I love the Cirrus and am delighted to have a new>aircraft to take on VFR and IFR flights. >>Thank you Bert! Glad you and others are enjoying her with or without integrations :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

A bit confused on this one:Do some RXP gauges work and some don't, or do they work on some Eaglesoft aircraft, and not others?I have the RXP-GNS530-32 and GMA340 installed in each of my Citations (both FS9 and FSX)as well as the Twin Comanche. They work flawlessly in all.Are there just panel gauges that are in question?Thanks:RTH

Best to drop over to the RXP support forum and check user feedback there :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The only issue I am aware of is that a flight plan or flight plan change, entered on the RXP GNS, does not automatically display on the Avidyne Primary Flight Display. If you export the flight plan from the RXP unit (one mouse click) and open up the FSX flight planner and load the plan, all is well. You can find more details by searching the respective support forums.

Bert

In order to maintain impartiality and my good standing with Eaglesoft, I implemented a compromise.LOL. I replaced the number 2 Eaglesoft Garmin with the Rxp 430. The best of both worlds concerning flying procedures and displaying them on the MFD and PFD. Plus, sometimes I'm lazy and just want to load a detailed flight plan and go. In that case I use the Eaglesoft Garmin for GPSS. Fun!Bob..

>"In order to maintain impartiality and my good standing with..." Ha Ha, Bob and others please do not take our refusal to do onother vendors support for him as an insult against that vendor. Whether others adhere to FS SDKs or not we simply must.We actually have high regards for other vendors and are not casting dispersions on any.Our only point has been that we are waaaayy too busy to sort thru and support what others vendors do and that it is the responsibilty of all vendors to support their own products well.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png