Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

New Eaglesoft Cirrus Turbo is a gem..

Ken, it's Ron. Nothing you are doing wrong at all. Some video cards do not support 1680X1050 or higher resolutions therefore you would not find it in the selection menu.In the case you are better off to select a 4 : 3 ratio suxh as 1280X960 or 1600X1200 and simply do not use the widescreen selection on our aircraft.Contact me at our support forum and we can take you further..don't want to clog Avsims forum w/our support questions :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest 413X3

wow that looks great. is there a brightness control for those of us who like flying with very dim light?

just a general question about eaglesoft FSX aircraft:when it says 'FSX/SP2/DX10 compliant', does that mean it requires SP2?I cant currently run SP2. I do well with SP1.Will the Cirrus and other aircraft work just fine with SP1?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

>wow that looks great. is there a brightness control for those>of us who like flying with very dim light?That is one of the nicest features. Both the PFD and MFD have separate dim controls.

>Will the Cirrus and other aircraft work just fine with SP1?Yes. The 'FSX/SP2/DX10 compliant' phrase is descriptive, not restrictive... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"when it says 'FSX/SP2/DX10 compliant', does that mean..."The FSX/SP2/DX10 terminology is our way of saying our aircraft meet the highest known standard for FSX aircraft.While we understand that some do not run SP2 we must build to highest and best standard.Bill Leaming has done some testing under SP1 so he says yes :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Not to derail too much but how is the Garmin 1000 Cessna 400 coming along? :)

There is no Cessna 400 from us..We are building the Columbia 400/G1000 version and it's progressing slowly but surely:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Considering the FPS display is decent in the night VC shot does that mean the model is a true FSX SDK model? I may have to seriously consider this one.... I talk to the test pilots all day :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>There is no Cessna 400 from us..>We are building the Columbia 400/G1000 version and it's>progressing slowly but surely:-)>>I just purchased the Columbia 400...will there be an additional charge for the G1000 version?

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Yes, it is a true FSX model.I should be taking mine up for her maiden voyage tomorrow. Sola Norway to somewhere in Great Britain. Can't wait ;)

Ryan, this model is totaly built to FSX/SP2/DX10 Compliance. That is the standard by which you can judge true FSX products.The beauty of this approach is the greatly reduced draw calls and use of .dds textures to reduce load in sim...The best way to appreciate it is to fly it:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>I just purchased the Columbia 400...will there be an>additional charge for the G1000 version?Of course there will be new and seperate pricepoint since the G1000/Columbia 400 requires an entirely new model and Avioincs Package:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Awesome! Only one more "approver" to talk to lol!edit: approver approvified :)Only gripe I have...Can you permanently change the spot view camera distance? Right now if I zoom up the camera angle appears very telescopic. Something doesn't look right. I know the temporary remedy. It would be to hold down Ctrl+minus key until the camera is closer to the plane. What cfg setting or settings controls this value? To illustrate my question.... the first pic is the default (eaglesoft) camera distance but I pressed the plus key a few times to get the same angle that is shown in the 2nd picture. In the 2nd pic I held down ctrl+minus key for a while so the physical distance is closer, that way the view doesn't seem so telescopic.defzoom.jpgzoomiwant.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |