Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

New Eaglesoft Cirrus Turbo is a gem..

Ryan, you are using the only solution available at this time.The model has a large invisible sphere around it. That is required in order to have the CAPS Parachute deploy.In FS9 we were able to adjust that by afcading the model file. FSX does not support that approach so we have what we have...An option of modeling without the CAPS system was considered but we felt that leaving out the Parachute would be like having pizza without cheese...it just wouldn't be right somehow:-)approver approvified :-) Now that is funny

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Can you permanently change the spot view camera distance? >Right now if I zoom up the camera angle appears very>telescopic. Something doesn't look right. I know the>temporary remedy. It would be to hold down Ctrl+minus key>until the camera is closer to the plane. What cfg setting or>settings controls this value?No cfg setting exists. More's the pity. I spent most of today trying to code a gauge that would automatically set the ChaseViewDistance (which is precisely what Ctrl-minus/Ctrl-plus does) without consistent results.I'll keep digging for a solution... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I wish I could help on this issue.I know it's not a huge deal, but it get's a little annoying to me. There's another acft that has the same issue, Mick Posch's freeware H21C flying banana. Although his takes a long time to get closer in....That's so odd that the variable won't stick... It seems like it should work, if you saved the cfg file, or made a default flight with the CVD set at a certain value. I'm sure you've covered that though :)How bout a .dll file? I know that the FEX designers used something similar to set the texture max load variable to 4096 everytime fsx starts. Could something similar be done with the CVD variable?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Good news Ryan. We have a solution which will be included in an update to the G3 Turbo download by tommorrow some time:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>I wish I could help on this issue.>>I know it's not a huge deal, but it get's a little annoying to>me. There's another acft that has the same issue, Mick>Posch's freeware H21C flying banana. Although his takes a>long time to get closer in....Well, I have come up with a one-button solution... It'll be a click spot on the Preflight gauge.In spot view Shift-9 to open the Preflight Utility, and click once on the Camera button. Done instantly.Although not "automatic," it's better than waiting for the Camera to s l o w l y dolly in... ;)

Fr. Bill    

Excellent.Will this work for those of use who use the locked spot view? More specifically I use the FixedChaseLocked in my locked spot cfg.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nice job Bill. Knew we could count on'ya...looking forward to the update.Now to prepare for my maiden flight in this new bird. Sola Norway to Glasgow. Kinda the first leg on my way back to the States after a month abroad. Kinda fitting, as I took my first flight in the SR20 across the pond about 3 1/2 years ago ;)

Well, to follow up after getting in the air...one word...stunning ;)

>Excellent.>>Will this work for those of use who use the locked spot view? >More specifically I use the FixedChaseLocked in my locked spot>cfg.Yes. In fact, on my FSX I have taken the regular "Spot View" completely out of the CycleViews, and use only "Locked Spot View." :)There will be a 'button' on both the Preflight and the CAPS popup gauges:Leftclick - Dolly In FastRightclick - Dolly Out FastMouseWheel - Dolly In/Out Slowly

Fr. Bill    

>Well, to follow up after getting in the air...one>word...stunning ;)Thanks Brian! from you that means a lot.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

She's a beaut Ron. Just took her for another leg on my trip back across the pond.Can't tell you how nice it is to have the Cirrus running as good as the Columbia and Twinkie in FSX. And the performance of this aircraft is incredible.The SR22 had the most hours of any aircraft I had in FS9 by a long shot, currently the Twinkie holds that distinction for me in FSX....but me thinks this baby might just give the Twink a run for it's money in short order ;)I've gotta start planning a nice U.S. tour with it when I 'return home'.

Thanks again. Reduced draw calls and .DDS textures on a so called true FSX model makes a world of difference doesn't it:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>She's a beaut Ron. Just took her for another leg on my trip back across the pond.>Can't tell you how nice it is to have the Cirrus running as good as the Columbia and Twinkie in FSX. And the performance of this aircraft is incredible.Thanks Brian. As you may recall we promised our first FSX Cirrus customers an Full FSX Upgrade at NO ADDITIONAL COST:-)In keeping our promise, our current FSX SR20G2 and SR22G2 are undergoing the same Upgrade treament we gave this bird and when they are complete they will be available at NO COST to current owners of those aircraft. Owners will be able to simply redownload and reinstall using their current key and password.More info here: :-) http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png