Sign in to follow this  
Guest essoblue

Ground textures for FSX

After spending a lot of bucks/Euros in add-ons for FS9, I've just switched to FSX. Got UTX Europe and USA, and seriously considering Flight Environment X. For ground textures, I've been waiting the release of Ground Environment X Europe, since this is where I fly almost all the time. But I have just heard of a pack called FScene4X Complete, covering all the continents for just about US$80. Anybody knowing of this stuff, how does it works? Does it worth the money or should I wait for the release of the full GEX pack?TIA

Don't buy FEX yet. Real Enviornment X is nearing release. Better to see which one is really better (screenshots and videos are certainely in REX's favor at this point). Theres also the fact that REX will ship completed with a weather engine and airport textures. FEX has promised to provide these, but it's been since october that we've heard anything about it.

Guest 413X3

When you say, nearing release, how much longer are we talking about here?REX does look amazing though

>IMO they look like FS9 textures adopted for FSX. I'd wait for>GEX Europe.>Yes, they aren't very convincing. Also, most of the images in the gallery show just urban landscapes and textures, not what I'm looking for. I'll stick to GEX, I guess.

>Don't buy FEX yet. Real Enviornment X is nearing release.>Better to see which one is really better (screenshots and>videos are certainely in REX's favor at this point). >Awesome shots! I hate you :) When I asked for advice, I had just one doubt, now you've managed to raise another one.>Theres also the fact that REX will ship completed with a>weather engine and airport textures. FEX has promised to>provide these, but it's been since october that we've heard>anything about it.It's a plus, but I am satisfied with Active Sky X.

Guest essoblue

Yes, the weather engine for FEX has been a long time coming and still no sign of its imminent release so I'd suggest too, waiting for REX. Looks very promising as you've apparently just discovered. The alternative would be FEX (without weather engine + activesky X.