Sign in to follow this  
Guest Don Stone

No Right Toe Brake With CH Pro Pedals

Guest Don Stone

Yesterday, for some unknown reason, my right hand toe brake on my USB CH Pro Pedals stopped working and no matter what I've done I have been unable to rectify the problem. Maybe I've worn the pedals out...they are about 6 years old and have had steady use. I deleted them and reinstalled several times and while the rudder and left brake work fine the right one just refuses to come on line. Accordingly, I would be very appreciative of some advice/help with this problem. Thanks in advance

>Maybe I've worn the pedals out...they are about 6 years old and have>had steady use.Hi Don, Sounds like a wire has broken, they are pretty thin and I've had to basically re-wire mine with thicker wir. Do you get any readings in a calibration utility such as the CH manager or FSUIPC? If not then then it's either a bad wire or the pot (potentiometer)itself is bad.Regards, Kendall#1: E8500 @ 3.95 - HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - XG's 174.74 Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Guest LtRob

The broken wire was the only issue I had with the CH pedals, but after only about 1 year. Very easy fix, but do it upside down. Once you get in there you will see how thin the wires are, and you should have no problem splicing them.Good luck...you can do it!

Guest Don Stone

Gday, Thankyou very much for your comments and, yes, you were spot on...the black wire had come adrift - so soldered that and found out from there on in that thist was the easy part - what an experience getting it all back together again. Just hope I don't have tp gp through that again!!

I've had to do the broken wire fix three times now over the near 10 years I've had my pedals. As you say, it's like setting multiple mouse traps to put it back together again, but it eventually plays the game :-)Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Me too:Spliced broken wires three or four time over the years, but a small price to pay for such enjoyment IMHO. Think of it as real world replacement of brakes (and one heck of a lot more inexpensive).Happy flying:RTH

Definately a broken wire! They are all the same.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest LtRob

> As you say, it's like>setting multiple mouse traps to put it back together again,>but it eventually plays the game :-)>>Gary LOL! Best Statement on AVSIM I've read!!! All of us hear have fixed this issue, but has anyone had to purchase newer replacements and seen if the new pedals from CH have better routed/more robust wires? My CH pedals are at least 5 years old; who here has the NEWEST manufactured set?

Guest davidvoogd

had the same thing happen to me after 8 years, I just bought a new set of saitek pedals. Guess I could have tried to fix it but either way 8 years is a good life span for any electronics item that gets used as much as the pedals did.

Guest davidvoogd

>Hello david>As a long time CH pedal user how do the Saitek pedals>compare?I'd say they are better - the motion is much smoother, it has adjustable tension and you can adjust the pedal size too. I also don't get the spikes / jumping I did with my CH. They have a bit more weight to them too and feel a bit heavier and more realistic, though I do find they slide around on my carpet too easily - I'm probably going to put some velcro on the bottom to see if they stay put that way. They have rubber feet that will work well on a floor though.The bigger difference is in the yokes though - the Saitek Yoke is far better than the CH, again much smoother motion (it has a metal shaft on ball bearings vs the plastic on plastic setup of the CH), far more range of motion on the throttle / prop / mixture, more buttons, and even a digital clock built in for a nice extra (shows time and has a stopwatch mode). Another advantage is the hat switch is on the left side which is very handy on approach - you can hold the yoke with one hand and still look around while keeping one hand on the throttles - something you can't do with the CH. All these little things make the difference.The main difference is I find the Saitek products are heavier built and feel more sturdy - CH is good but it does feel like cheap plastic sometimes.Not knocking CH too hard, their support alone is amazing (they sent me new clamps for my yoke for free around 5 years after purchase), but their products are something like 10 years old or more, Saitek has the advantage of newer technology and a bigger market.

HelloThanks for the info, i will most likely get the Saitek yoke, pedals and throttle especially as my CH throttle quad has recently died.

Guest Don Stone

The final episode....As I was still experiencing some problems and as the pedals were over 8 years old I took the comment made by davidvoogd above and bought a new set (CH). Aaah...lovely everything is back to normal. Cheers :-beerchug