Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Airdrome grass texture

Guys, does anyone know which textures in sceneryworldtexture folder are 'in charge' of the generic grass around runways of the big airdromes in FSX?Many thanks,Dirk.

Hello Dirk, The previous poster will please forgive me for contradicting him, but "detail1" is not a grass skirting texture.The texture used for the grass skirting will depend on the underlying land class. Here is an Excel table giving all the different land class and the corresponding skirting value. Since land class values are not equivalent to ground texture name, you will also find an Excel table giving the equivalent ground texture for each land class value.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191798.zipHowever, most of the time, FS will use one of the following:- Grass Skirting 1 - ground texture 139- Grass Skirting 2 - ground texture 140- Grass and Shrub Skirting - ground texture 141- Dry Grass and Dirt Skirting - ground texture 142All ground textures are in the Scenery]WorldTexture folder.If you are looking for some way to change these to make them greener, I have given detailed instructions on the matter numerous times in this very forum.Best regards.Luis

I don't mind at all Luis - sorry if I misinterpreted what the op was asking for.Mark.

>It's 'Detail 1' as far as I know.Thank you, Redline, I'll check and confirm here.Dirk.

>>Hello Dirk, >>The previous poster will please forgive me for contradicting>him, but "detail1" is not a grass skirting texture.>>The texture used for the grass skirting will depend on the>underlying land class. Here is an Excel table giving all the>different land class and the corresponding skirting value.>Since land class values are not equivalent to ground texture>name, you will also find an Excel table giving the equivalent>ground texture for each land class value.>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191798.zip>>>>However, most of the time, FS will use one of the following:>>- Grass Skirting 1 - ground texture 139>- Grass Skirting 2 - ground texture 140>- Grass and Shrub Skirting - ground texture 141>- Dry Grass and Dirt Skirting - ground texture 142>>>All ground textures are in the Scenery]WorldTexture folder.>>If you are looking for some way to change these to make them>greener, I have given detailed instructions on the matter>numerous times in this very forum.>>Best regards.>>LuisLuis, I have just seen your post (somehow missied it when posting my second message here), I think you are right. I'll check, thanks for helping me.Dirk.Dirk.

>>If you are looking for some way to change these to make them>greener, I have given detailed instructions on the matter>numerous times in this very forum.>>Best regards.>>LuisUnfortunately Search is almost useless on this forum. It does not find anything related to 'grass' in FSX section, let alone 'skirting' etc.Dirk.

Luis, I've found your posts on using the tool to change the LC, thanks again.Dirk.