Sign in to follow this  
teropa

Airliner XP - Still in Development?

Guest Knikolaes

I noticed the last post on their forum was well over half a year ago. Not even a stir of interest it seems. That and the forum has been unable to take new posts due to this happening for the last few months whenever I try to post:>>Error in posting>>>>DEBUG MODE>>>>SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '0' for key 1>>>>INSERT INTO devum_topics (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, >>forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote) VALUES ('test', >>770, 1219598125, 9, 0, 0, 0)>>>>Line : 227>>File : functions_post.phpSince early 2007 I have been holding a high interest in this promising product. I am just curious as to if it is indeed still in development or if i missed something in the silence.DISCLAIMER: I am NOT asking for relase dates. Just curious as to if anyone knows if this is still an active project.

Why are so many so obsessed with this? It is brought up constantly it seems.Jean-Luc says it is still alive. I don't think there is anything anyone else knows.

Guest Knikolaes

The last post on this product in their forums was February of this year, so it didn't seem "still alive". Not obsessed. Was just asking a "yes" or "no" question. **shrug** Jean Luc may have still said it was alive, but that would have been back in 2007 (that's the last post in their forum by any official staff there) which is why I posted here asking about it.If no one else knows anything more about it -- cool -- there's plenty of Airbuses out there. Just wanted something higher quality visual-wise and stumbled across AXP's site is all :-)

No, Jean-Luc has recently (within the last month/month and a half) said it was alive on the RXP forum when asked about it.I didn't mean to single you out personally for asking about it, just seems to crop up very often.

Guest Knikolaes

No problem. And many thanks for the answer :-)RXP? As in Reality XP? That's probably why I was lost completely. I never associated the two as being . . well. . . associated yet I am a fan of RealityXP products. I'll head over there right now to have a look around.Thanks :-)<<<<>>>>After I posted this I went to Reality XP's web site and almost immediately found this:http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=20170It answered all of my questions and then some :-) I pasted the link here for other AVSIM search engine users to find. Again thanks for the reply, bkeske.

Yep, Reality RXP. Same Jean-Luc.;)

Guest Knikolaes

Heheh yup. Found it. You were posting as I was editing my above post :-) Found the thread there as a sticky and it answered everthing I was curious about. :-)

The reason you don't seen any posts in their forum after February is because they closed their forum about that time. The reason they closed it, was because all the posts were "when will this be done" type of posts, and "this is vaporware" type flame-ish posts. I think they did the right thing closing it--there's nothing beneficial or informative about those types of posts.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Perhaps you should read Jean-Luc's explanation on the RXP forum.

>Perhaps you should read Jean-Luc's explanation on the RXP>forum.At the time Brian, that's exactly what Jean-Luc said in the thread about it. I will look at RXP and see if that reason has changed.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Perhaps you should read Jean-Luc's explanation on the RXP>forum.It doesn't take 6 months to fix a forum, or to even make that one read-only and start another clean.Best regards,Robin.

Guest Knikolaes

I have to say that regardless of the reason, I understand about the release dates bit. I host a tech support forum for another developer and it gets repetative in that aspect. tech support is supposed to be tech support - not hound patrol - UNLESS it's in the general discussion area -- then it just supposed to remain civilized.Good thing it is a closed, customers only forum, but wow I still get some winners in there LOL

Unless you have other info to dispute Jean-Luc, I would tend to take what he says as the reason. Whther it is, or isn't, does not really matter does it? I doubt anyone paid up-front for this aircraft.Personally, I never thought we would get a 430/530 Garmin to run in FSX by him either, but I kept it to myself, as nothing was promised. Lo and behold, we now have RXP Garmins better than the old ones by far. A nice surprise.Anyway, there are many other aircraft vendors to purchase from. Go for it.

I seriously doubt that this project will ever continue. Who knows...Tero

PPL(A)