Sign in to follow this  
scott967

SDK Question

All, I just installed My Traffic X and apparently I need the SDK in order for it to work properly from what I understand. Is the SDK installed automatically when I install FSX? I am currently running FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. If I have the SDK where would I find it? Would it be within FSX? If I don't have it do I install it within FSX? My FSX resides on my F: Drive. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.CraigLian Li PC 65B CaseCorsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power SupplyPlextor PX-810SA/SW-BL DVD/CDGiagabyte GA-P35-DS3RCrucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)Arctic Freezer 7 ProIntel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache @ 3.6 GHzEVGA 7950GT KO 512mb 169.21_forceware whqlSeagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATASeagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATAVista Ultimate SP1

Guest fsxmissionguy

Craig,A tutorial for installing the SDK can be found here (there is a process, and it's somewhat convoluted):http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.com/mo...=viewtopic&t=66To answer your questions ... the SDK is not installed automatically for you. You must own the Deluxe edition of FSX to have access to the SDK. You will find it on Disk 1.Cheers,

Guest Sirocco

The system requirements on the box are for FSX, not FSX Deluxe.

>Craig,>>A tutorial for installing the SDK can be found here (there is>a process, and it's somewhat convoluted):>>http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.com/mo...=viewtopic&t=66>>To answer your questions ... the SDK is not installed>automatically for you. You must own the Deluxe edition of FSX>to have access to the SDK. You will find it on Disk 1.That is not entirely true any longer...If you OWN "Acceleration" then the SDK is available from that disk... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for your response. I have printed the tutorial but still have a question. My FSX with all updates and Acceleration resides by itself on my F: drive. Is this where I should point the SDK install at? Also I'm a bit confused on which SDK to install first. Should I install the SDK specific to Acceleration or do I still have to install the RTM on first. Thanks Craig

I'm dying to know why you have to install the SDK to use a commercial addon product.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

You need it to use the My Traffic X Editor: You can find this in the product description at the simMarket site. " MyTraffic X Editor * is an advanced AI Traffic configuration utility allowing the generation of thousands of flight plans at the click of a button, all based on user adjustable parameters. Capable of recognizing geographic regions, country borders, and the history of airline fleets, the editor makes sure that you see the right traffic in the right region. * This feature requires that you have the SDK of Flight Simulator X installed, available to users of Flight Simulator X professional (De Luxe) edition."CraigLian Li PC 65B CaseCorsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power SupplyPlextor PX-810SA/SW-BL DVD/CDGiagabyte GA-P35-DS3RCrucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)Arctic Freezer 7 ProIntel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache @ 3.6 GHzEVGA 7950GT KO 512mb 169.21_forceware whqlSeagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATASeagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATAVista Ultimate SP1

>>> Thanks for your response. I have printed the tutorial but>still have> a question.>> My FSX with all updates and Acceleration resides by itself on>my > F: drive.>> Is this where I should point the SDK install at?>> Also I'm a bit confused on which SDK to install first.>>You can install the SDK to any folder you want, though it has a default path if you don't enter your own. If you install to a non-default path, run ConfigSDK.exe from the top sdk folder after installing.I don't have accel. The other SDK sps require first installing the RTM version from the deluxe disk. I assume you can just install the accel straight from the accel disk (try it and see).scott s..