Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjack

AI Takeoffs Not Following Runway

Did a search but couldn't find anything about this. With some of the "afcads" I've downloaded for FSX that use the crosswind runway configuration, the AI will sometimes do their takeoff roll on an angle to the runway. They taxi into position at the end of the runway, then turn a bit and start their takeoff roll. They end up rolling across the grass, maybe an adjacent parallel taxiway (running through taxiing aircraft...kinda funny), then lift off and immediately turn back on to the runway heading. It doesn't happen with all the AI aircraft...it seems random. I noticed this at KMEM and it would happen on takeoffs on runways 36C and 27.Anybody know why it happens, and how to fix it? I'm thinking it might have something to do with the "hidden" runways that are used to create the crosswind runway configurations for AI traffic, but not sure why only SOME of the AI aircraft do it and not all of them. There just doesn't seem to be a pattern to when it happens and when it doesn't.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

You might ask the maker of the afcad in question about this. Are these default or add on aircraft? When I write a FP for the default piper, it wanders all over before finding the runway. I'm told it might have something to do with the weight and load of the plane. If default planes have this problem, imagine the problems add ons might have. Anyway, the developer might like to know that there might be a problem with his afcad.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.