Sign in to follow this  
Taildragger

Gray aircraft textures

Greetings.I often get gray textures for quite a few seconds on player and AI aircraft which seem to be caused by a delay loading the aircraft textures. This can happen in VC and external views.When flying jets I use 1x water and disable road traffic. For AI I use My Traffic X set at 35% for IFR and GA.For add-ons I have GEX, UTX and FEX. Any ideas what could be causing this? I have a fairly sturdy PC (3Gz DuoCore, 4Gb RAM, 8800GTX, Vista x64). I have my fps locked at 20 and my sliders "balanced" for performance.Thanks.David

Defragging your disk properly by name order will help alleviate this problem and turning down your texture demands using the sliders will further assist. Even with a well tuned outfit your are likely to see this for a short while on the initial flight load.I have the same video card and add ons as you and only see the problem for a couple of seconds at intial flight load so this probably points more to a bit of head thrashing on the hard drive. Defragging often and properly is the best advice to reduce this problem.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Thanks for your reply John, I actually have Diskeeper 2008 Pro, and also defrag my FS partition manually every time after I install an add-on.I have backed off my AI sliders even more and this seems to help a little. I suppose flying jets I could disable completely the GA traffic.I just don't understand how some people who say they have all the sliders to the right still get 50 fps! How is this possible once you add UTX/GEX/FEX/FTX ?! :)