Sign in to follow this  
Guest Challenger 604

DX 10 Preview shudders

Guest Challenger 604

So I just got a quad core AMD phenom 9850 with 4 gigs of ram a SATA2 HD SLI 8800GT Nvidia cards and can finally run FSX at 30+ FPS at max settings except autogen.Anyway I have been using the DX10 preview selection and been getting shudders even though my FPS had been as high as 70+ in some areas. It happens everywhere and with the default planes. I am running FSX with SP2 with the latest forceware drivers for my video cards. So I unchecked the DX10 box and no shudders.Does anyone know how I can run in DX10 without shudders or has anyone had a similar problem that has been resolved.ThanksMarc

Guest firehawk44

"my FPS had been as high as 70+"Just proves high FPS does not mean smoothness. Turning your FSX.cfg graphics settings to the max will cause problems especially if you have turned your graphics card display settings (AA/AF) to the max. Turn them down. You will still receive crisp and clear graphics. I have a very high powered system and have turned my graphics settings down and receive the best graphics I have ever seen in a flight simulator. Absolutely stunning stuff... You just have to balance system resources/settings. BTW, you will probably receive some stuttering in DX10 Preview mode even though DX10 is suppose to increase FPS. It's just the fact that DX10 is new and not very well programmed for FSX. That's why ACES named it DX10 Preview instead of simply DX10. I expect it to work better in FS11 in 2010.Best regards,Jim

Guest Challenger 604

Thanks I will check the AA stuff. I get smoooth running without DX10 so I guess thats what it is.Hope it does get solved because I like DX10.