Sign in to follow this  
dickdavis229

I missed this available generic FMC.

I find it very easy to sometimes overlook items that are available, and probably have been for some time.On the simMarket site I just stumbled across the "Friendly Panels - FMC Pack 1 V1.5".This is a generic FMC that seems to function pretty well like most of those that are included in third party aircraft which included one.If you are a European, it is pretty inexpensive as well. Unfortunately, like everything else, it cost about twice as much for we Yanks, but that is not the fault of simMarket or the developers. To me personally, it is still well worth the price.For what it is worth, if you have overlooked this like I did, you may want to take a peek. The link is:http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2833I am on my first flight implementing it in my GV, KLWB-KBTR. It has VNAV built in for I assume any aircraft and as on first look I am tickled to death with it. I have not read the manual and figured everything out yet. The only thing that seemed odd in my first flight, was the cruise speed it entered (>500K) which of course was an overspeed catagory. I was able to easily overide it with the AP selection. Surely this can be edited, but I haven't gone that far yet in my learning curve (seems pretty simple so far).I for one am thrilled to be able to now have a working FMC in my business Jets (i.e. Gulfstream V, Eaglesoft Citations, Falcon 50). I suppose you could put this thing in a J3 Cub if you wanted to. A few turbos should be dandy prospects as well.For what it might be worth......Respectfully:RTH

OK, I have this FMC in my Falcon 50, Gulfstream V, Citation CJ1, and Citation II and had no problems with the installation and performance.In the Eaglesoft Citation X 1.0, My mouse cursor flickered severely (Yes, I tried the default, it flickered too). When I disabled the default FMC that was included in the bird, the flickering went away. There seems to be some conflict between the two FMC's. I discovered that in the window designations, if I renamed this new FMC, "FMC1" and left the original as the "FMC" that the problem was cured. This unit serves as a good temporary substitute until the new version of the "X" is released. If $$$ are tight, it may not even be temporary.I would recommend this FMC, and am very pleased with it.Respectfully:RTH

Guest PPSFA

Where did you find a G-V for FSX? Not trying to go OT but Ive been looking for a Gulfstream since day 1 for FSXXP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com

Hollo PPFSA:Good news and bad news for FSX relative to a GV:The model I use is ldgv1.2.zip from Linder Designs by Peter Brun. It is a ported over model from FS9, but flys equally well in FSX as far as I am concerned. I think it is a beautiful bird in both FS9 and FSX.Now the bad news. For FS9 I have what IMHO is a dandy modified panel which best I remember is gulfst04.zip. Unfortunately, it will not work in FSX. I use a modified FSMSFSX Learjet panel for the GV in FSX. The plane flies equally well if you can put up with the panel. However, there may or may not be another twin Jet panel you might prefer.One additional comment, or possibly a confession in your view. If you are a virtual cockpit 3d Purest, you may want to totally ignore me. I am trying a little bit to evolve, but I personally still far prefer the 2D panels, and have virtually never even looked at those provisions for the G5.Good Luck:RTH

Ummmmm.One more possibility that I missed.However, I see that it is about double the price as well. Being that I have already purchased, I will stick with what I have and so far am extremely pleased with it.Thanks for the heads up:RTH

A couple of applications someone might be interested in:Many months ago, I had quite a dialogue with a kind soul relative to getting the PSS Dash 8 to work in FSX. The rest of my PSS aircraft are fine, including the FMC's. However, the Dash 8 is flyable but it needs help by manually intercepting the flight path for a flight plan. That done it does follow the waypoints to the destination. The second problem was that for an AP controlled intercept on an ILS approach, AP control is too sloppy to be used and a manual approach must be made. I thought possibly this generic FMC might be a solution. Unfortunately, the PSS Dash 8 panel will not recognize the GPS for control, therefore that was a fruitless attempt. Now the good news if one looks at it that way: This generic FMC works great in the Premier Dash 8 if that model appeals to you.For another commuter airliner option, it works equally well in the PMDG 1900D. IMHO this is a very fine inexpensive product. It may not even be in the league with PMDG's more complex offerings, but it doesn't cost much either.Happy flying:RTH

Would you be kind enough to give me step by step instruction on how to install the FMC into the Boeing 737? Managed to do the Lear and had a lot of trouble with the Airbus. It works but had to use the GPS shift-3 key to bring up FMC and then GPS available only by view menu. Could not make the icon work in any of them. Still can not get the 737 to work. Think problem is vague directions and me not being very smart on editing configs. I do like it in the Lear, especially after d/l a freeware map set up for the panel. Makes a good combo. Found it here on Avsim. Thanks, Richard

>Ummmmm.>>One more possibility that I missed.>>However, I see that it is about double the price as well.>Being that I have already purchased, I will stick with what I>have and so far am extremely pleased with it.It may be double the price but it's a full system. You can *create* flight plans and *save* flight plans. It is not just a G500 GPS in drag... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

DogGoneIt Bill:There you go making me get my card out again. Sounds like it might well be worth double the price. I wish the $$$ would get stable.Thanks for the information.RTH

Hello Dick:I am afraid I have not flown a MSFS default bird except when troubleshooting for years and for several MS versions. I may even have them disabled. Contrary to what I have been told by smarter persons than I, some of my other planes should not work if I do that and it was not recommended, but I have not found one yet and I have a hanger full.Obviously, I have put the FMC in several 3rd party aircraft as per my other posts on this thread and I have been pleased. One would think that it would be easier with the canned installations for the defaults, but that may be deceptive and not be the case.It may take me two or three days, but unless someone else kicks in and gives you a solution, I will take a peek and see if I can be of any help. Sorry for the delay, but I am snowed under at the moment.Respectfully:RTH

Thanks RTH, Think were ok and have it now. Have to see after doing more with it. I emailed my daughter all the info and she edited the config for me and it works fine. Kind of my nature to blame the company instead of my own shortcomings. Just seems that good directions for a lot of the add ons we buy just are not very good. Thats a real sore point with me and would certainly influence me to buy or not buy from that company. Thanks for your kind reply. Dick Davis

WOW!!!!MadDog and Jim Leaming were REALLY right. I finally bit the bullet and ordered the ISG1 gauge package. I am very impressed. Every time I think I know everything I need to know about FS, along comes a new challange (Make that everything I thought I wanted to know, not needed to know. Obiviously, I need to know a lot)Boy, this one directs one back to a learning curve. There are extensive manuals. My only puzzle is that everything I see so far gives great information on useing all of the gauges, but no information that I have discovered thus far on how to install and/or access them (assuming they are already installed with the execution files.)In the event that anyone is as blind as I am and dives into this impressive package, possibly the following might be of help. The instructions tell us to edit the "panel" of the default learjet as a sample. It does in fact replace the default EICAS gauge with a dandy MFD gauge just as instructed. However, I never could find the FMC which was my purpose in purchasing the package. Finally, I noticed that the installation added a new panel folder called,"panel.fmc" to the Lear along with several other default aircraft. When I made the instructed edits to this folder INSTEAD of the panel folder as the sample said, the "GPS" then became the new FMC.Now to figure out how to access all of the other dandy gauges in the package assuming again that they are present, and how to implement this package in third party aircraft. I am presently taking a peek on the website, (http://isgim.com), but have not discovered what I need to know yet to access everything in the package. A little direction to the right file toward that end by anyone who has already been down this road sure would be appreciated.Not quite to the point of recommending this package thanks purely to my ignorance in knowing how to use it yet, but it sure does look promising. Thanks MadDog and Jim:RTHEdit: Looks like Panel Studio is the simple answer to my puzzle (thank goodness). All ISG1 gauges appear to be present and my assumption at this point is that they may be implemented in the conventional manner with all applicable panels. I am not sure how one would access everything without it, but there probably is a logical process.

If you mean you need to learn how to use an FMC, then I recommend that you download the manual for the Level-D 767 from Level-D's website, here:http://www.leveldsim.com/files/LVLD767_Manual_for_FSX.zip Looking at the advertisement in your link, I think you will find there are some differences between the generic FMC you've bought and the "real life" versions modelled by Level-D. For example, so far as I'm aware, the real world FMC cannot show you lists of "Nearest" VORs or NDBs or airports: those particular screenshots in the advertisement look like ways of tabulating information in the standard FSX GPS database to me. On the other hand, it looks as if the VNAV and LEGS pages may be implemented, which is probably what you'll find most useful. The Level-D manual is pretty good on how to programme them.Tim

RTH, Check the isg retrofits page.http://www.isgsim.com/?page=panel_libraryWe keep a library of panels retrofitted with the ISG gauges. Many of these retrofits are customer submissions. You can just replace the aircraft's panel.cfg file with the panel.cfg file you can downloade from on the retrofits page, and its all set to go everything necessary is configured and installed for ISG1 on the panel.There's also a support forum, click on the 'Forums' link on the topof the page. You can ask any support questions etc you wish there.If you are having trouble setting up ISG1 on a particular aircraft. Let me know and I will help you get it configured and working.Regards.Ernie (ISG1 author).

ea_avsim_sig.jpg