Sign in to follow this  
Cessnaflyer

May 15th, dont get gas?

Between 3.27-3.59 getting better in the past week

>Just got this via email... Think it's worth participating in,>or for the most part, even true?>>>>Don't pump gas on May 15th.>>in April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted>nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices droppedOf course, this won't work, since all those people will remember to buy gas the day before, or else will go the day after. A 1 day dip in gas purchases doesn't effect actual gas consumption. Now, maybe if you could get people to not buy gas for a whole month (park your car, take the bus), then it might make a difference.- Martin

As usual, the amricans are complaining about gas prices when it costs 2x - 4x as much in other countries.Your goverment should spend some of that tax money everyone is talking about on better public transportation, so you can depend less on personal cars.Of course, the personal automible is a much bigger part of the heritage and tradition in the US than elsewhere, since you got cars much earlier, so that's something to consider as well.I don't depend on the car at all, using only public transportation from my suburb to the city, and even longer distances. I also use the bike as much as possible. When going to Stockholm (70km south from where I live), I take the train. Much quicker than by car or bus (no traffic jams), cheaper, and I can spend the time reading the paper, listening to music, having a meal, taking a quick nap etc. instead of concentrating on driving.My parents have a farm in northern Sweden, quite far from any city, and not much in the way of public transportation. They have a big SUV, but also a very small, fuel efficent car. They only use the SUV when it's really needed.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest PARADISE

>As usual, the amricans are complaining about gas prices when>it costs 2x - 4x as much in other countries.>I'm not complaining about the increase in the price of gas as much, that's a matter of world economic fact, but rather what's upsetting me is that the extra funds I now need to spend on filling my tank is coming out of my beer fund......now that sucks.:( :-beerchug John M

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) coming out of my beer fund (...)"Among all the wingeing and whining, this is the first complaint that actually has my sympathy (wide and wicked grin)!Jaap Verduijn.

You have my sympathy.. But in my country, beer is also extremely expensive due to our high alcohol taxes. Expensive gas, and expensive beer.. Doubleplusnogood :(

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP