Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

Spot view in FSX

Guest garyk

HiHow do I get the spot view(keyboard S} in FSXthe same as in FS9ThanksGary

Hi Right click on the screen and you will be presented with a large number of views.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

You have to go into the controls and keyboard assignments screenIts under options->controls I think

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>Hi>How do I get the spot view(keyboard S} in FSX>the same as in FS9You don't (or rather "shouldn't"), because the "S" key in FSX is assigned to "Cycle Views"You can however, simply assign the F10 key to be either "Spot View" or "Locked Spot View."The "S" key will cycle through the major view categories.The "A" key will cycle through each major view category's sub-categories.It's all covered in the "Learning Center" that nearly everyone seems to ignore... *:-*

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The answer to your question is surprisingly more difficult than you might think. Again supporting my contention that the view support is quite confusing. But read on....Where I went wrong was trying to stay fixated on changing views primarily with my yoke buttons which are assigned to the "S" key. This creates a bit of a confusing mess, because it's very hard to remember where you were when you come back around to one of 9 previously assigned views. Clearly it is much easier to always use the button assignments of F9 thru F12 in simple combination with the "W" and "A" keys.This is because except for F10, these keys always take you back to a permanantly programmed fixed view that you can rely on always being the same. Then simply use "W" or "A" from there. Even F10 was interestingly left to be the only key that holds it's last view used, and it's only within the 2-D realm. This turns out to be a very good thing. For example, once you go to mini-panel view the first time, it's always there at F10. This F10 exception, to "remembering the last view", was more thought out than I had first thought. But there appears to be no way to assign "Spot View" to anything in Options/Setting/Controls/Buttons/Keys. The sim does come however with "Locked Spot View" assigned to function key F11 (which can be set). You can then use 3 taps of the "A" key to hit "Spot View".These F9 thru F12 buttons in combination with "W" and "A" sequences become a matter of habit very quickly. They are way more powerful than one would think at first brush. I almost never use my yoke buttons anymore to change views because of it's total uncertainty of where you are going to be, due to the "last view used" system of the sim. I may change those two key assignments, in fact, to my favorite specific views.Bob (Las Cruces, NM)XP-Home, With FS Genesis Terrain MeshLogitech G15 Backlit Game Keyboard and18 Programmable Macro/Keystroke KeysAsus P5N-D MotherboardIntel E8500 @ 3.16GHz (Now)CPUThermaltake MaxOrb Enthusiast CPU FanCorsir XMS2 PC6400/DDR2/800 Dual, 4GigsSATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDDEVGA Geforce 8800 GT/512 (OC'd Version)Dual Flat Panel Monitors