Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjack

Installed But No Aircraft Showing Up

Guest jeffg

I posted this on the Ariane support web site but have not had any response yet,hope someone here knows what could be happening.I just bought the new 737-900ER Advanced and downloaded the 2 files sent with the email.I did not get a read me or install guide.I installed the aircraft into the FSX directory which is C:Program files(x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X.I did install the other file for the service pack.I started FSx and the 737 does not show up under aircraft.I exited out and checked under simobjects/airplanes and its not even there,I did search everywhere and can not find the plane. The plane does show up under programs to uninstall but it can not find the exe.I am hoping that someone can help me in this?I am running a HP Pavillion with Vista 6 gigs ram Nvida GEForce 9800GT.This system is just 3 days old and I have had no problems with any aircraft yet till now.JeffG

If you haven't yet , you might disable the Vista UAC and DEP systems. Sometimes even Anti-virus can cause problems.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest jeffg

When I get home from work in the morning I will try that.My question is how?I have always used Windows XP and never Vista. Jeff

User Account Control can be turned off from your security center or user accounts in control pannel. That's the biggie. Data Exicution Prevention is more of a gray area. Right click Computer, then click advanced system settings/performance setteings/data exicution prevention. Don't forget to try turning off anti virus.Bob

Bob

You are off by a couple of folders.Aircraft need to be installed in the SimObjectsAirplanes folder under the main Flight Simulator X folder, each aircraft in its own folder.And if the folder does not contain a thumbnail.jpg of 256x256 or less ( in the toplevel folder or texture subfolder of each aircraft ) , you get the default image.

Guest jeffg

The installer is set for the main FSX directory and as all the other add-ons place the aircraft in the SimObjectsAirplanes folder.I have installed Level-D and PMDG aircraft to the same main FSX directory and they installed without problems and show up. JeffG

I know you said you did a search(don't you love how fast the search function in Vista is). Did you try the advanced searches? Maybe you need to install the update first. Maybe run the uninstall than re install. Is it unusual to not hear from their website?Bob

Bob

Guest jeffg

I uninstalled FSX and will reinstall that program and install FSX Acceleration.I will do a search for any things I need to do for Vista to make the Ariane product show and see what happens. Jeff

JeffYou might also try installing that plane to the desktop amd then manually put folders where they belong.Bob

Bob