Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel42

FSX Menu Problems

Hi there to allI just installed the 757 4.1 pro pack for fsx, and when I went to go any fly I noticed the Menu was missing/messed up. Here is a picture. Its hard to explain what the problem is, so that is why I have a picture attached. I do not know how this happened, or what caused it and I have no idea how to fix this. I want to avoid reinstalling FSX completely due to the amt of addon stuff that I have in it. Any suggestions as to what I could do to fix it?I previously had the 757 1.4 for fsx. I actually went back to that one because I seem to get better performance with that one than the newer one.FSX SP1 and 2UTX, GEX, FEXVista HP2008829131824849oz6.th.jpghttp://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6664/20...31824849oz6.jpg

Hi Folksbkircher -Known bugged problem.Settings higher than system can handle.RH context menu, ATC window, & kneeboard titlebar may also be affected.As you've discovered, it varies with situation, e.g. aircraft model, location, weather, etc.When occurs, try presing ESC, ESC.If that doesn't rectify,move sliders leftwards.HTHATBPaulResized logo pending ;-)http://www.fs-odg.com

Thanks for the reply!!!I got the menu to work now, I restarted my comp and it worked. Odd solutions sometimes. But now the atc menu is all jacked up. I suppose it could be worse, but still annoying to see.What sliders do you recommend changing?

Guest Daniel42

- go to %appdata%MicrosoftFsx- rename fsx.cfg to fsx.cfg_backup- restart fsx- fsx will recreate fsx.cfg for you- the menu should be normal againIf you have made any changes to the fsx.cfg... you have to make them again. Also FSX will ask you for permission to run add-on's again.If this solution doesn't work: delete fsx.cfg and rename fsx.cfg_backup to fsx.cfg Daniel