Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

A true story?

Guest cliffie1931

A woman was flying from Seattle to San Francisco when unexpectedly the plane diverted to Sacramento. The flight attendant explained that there would be a delay and if passengers wanted to get off the aircraft the plane would re-board in 50 minutes.Everybody got off except an elderly blind lady with her seeing eye-dog lying quietly underneath the seat in front of her.The attendant asked if she would you like to get off and stretch her legs. She declined but said that she

Guest PARADISE

I've known some pilots that could have used that dog as they were returning to their hotel rooms during layovers.:-beerchug John M

Guest Staggerwing

Saying that the dog fit under the seat is the first tip off to a tall tale (tail)..:-lol Don't know that they use anything but a few larger dogs for that purpose.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest airbus2

Im not sure it is true, i think there was a post here a while ago where it was claimed a blind gentleman was in the same situaton, he knew the pilots who allowed him to stay on the plane whilst one took the dog of - to the same humourous outcome.This may have been a true story but it has been changed into so many versions that we will never know if it really happend or the real story if it did. An excellent example of Chinease whispers.Dave

If it's on the internet - it's not true.Though it would be a lovely trick to play on passengers, though I'd expect those type dogs have to be in carriers.However, a quick check of the American Airlines web site indicates a person can take service animals into the aircraft as long as they do not obstruct an aisle without any specific requirements for kennels/ carriers/ extra seat,....That's what I like about FS - get to learn something new every day.

I have a real one I heard from the pilot directly.This pilot was paid by movie shooters to crash planes (I was attending a seminar on how to survive and make crash landings).He was paid to crash land a Dc3 in the Bahamas for a movie and then exit the plane in pilot's uniform. After succesfully doing so-they gave him the yoke of the plane as a souvineer. He promptly boarded a commercial flight back to Miami wearing his disheveld pilot uniform and yoke. He said it didn't hit him immediately, but as he was walking thru the terminal in Miami looking quite beat up carrying a broken yoke he was getting quite a few looks and astonished stares.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Was the movie "The Island" with Michael Caine, directed by Michael Ritchie and written by Peter Benchly - filmed in 1979?I heard the same story from one of the producers - David Brown.

It's a really bad movie. The DC-3 crash is real though - and I wish you could see the full crash and the angles not used in the release version.Look out for the fool in the USCG uniform carrying a radio backpack. But I did get paid about two months normal pay for carrying that thing around for six days in a small boat and in the mud. I got 'killed' three times in the filming though none of mine made the final release.Most of the movie was filmed on Antigua with the USCG Dauntless there for a week. They needed some people with short hair (it was 1979) to play coasties as extras. The US Naval Facility where I was stationed had about the only short haired people on the island at the time.We had to take leave time each filming day - but it was a lot of fun, and an experience I have no desire to repeat.Movie companies have 'hurry up and wait' down to a science which makes the government look like amateurs.

>It was a very informative session-one his recommendations>after having crashed many planes was to slip it when going>in.Interesting... Why?Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I just remember him saying that statistically planes that had been slipping before crashing had a higher survival rate-maybe reducing the head on impact by doing so. He also advocated taking the wings off on trees etc. so they would absorb the g forces.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest airbus2

>I just remember him saying that statistically planes that had>been slipping before crashing had a higher survival rate-maybe>reducing the head on impact by doing so. He also advocated>taking the wings off on trees etc. so they would absorb the g>forces.>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgSounds logical, but aren't there fuel cells located in the wings?Dave